AJ Styles x Reader One Shot

This was requested by my brain to be written, I hope you enjoy! This will he told in the reader's POV alone, so bear with me on it. And this will contain major amounts of angst and fluff; you have been warned! Now, I'll shut up, and let's get to the story!

Y/N's POV

Anyone can say they've worked with their significant other at some point in their relationship. However, in the WWE, this statement both makes and breaks a couple faster than Edge landing a spear on the Undertaker. How do I know this? Well, I'm part of the former half of WWE couples that sometimes make it.

I worked as a WWE caterer when I first met him three and a half years ago. And we met by accident, so I don't take credit for seeking him out! Also, the "him" I'm referring to goes by The Phenomenal One; yes, I dated AJ Styles for almost four years. I thought he was my person, and a teeny part of me still thinks so. However, alcohol hates me, and I found a drunk AJ in our shared hotel room in Raleigh, North Carolina, with a half-naked Asuka straddling him. They were too busy sucking faces to notice me slam the door, pack my meager suitcase, and write AJ a note saying we were over on the hotel stationary before dumping my key by the note and walking out.

That was two months ago, and since that day, AJ's blown up my phone to the point of me shutting it off, and I loved my phone! It hurt to not rely on my tech baby during work! But I somehow got used to it, and also found myself on Monday Night Raw's catering crew during the hardest two months of my life. I laid out some chocolate chip cookies one Monday night while wrestlers were eating and heard, "Don't turn around. He's here."

Natalya Neidhart, or Nattie, stood next to me and made sure I didn't turn around. She knew the shit I went through at AJ's hands, and she made it her personal mission to constantly keep AJ away from me. She even roped the Bella twins and Paige in as my bodyguards. I sighed and said, "Nattie, I love and appreciate what you and the girls are doing. But I have to face AJ at some point. I can't keep hiding in work and behind you guys; that's not cool."

She sighed and said, "While you're right that hiding isn't right, AJ has no excuse for how he treated you. And the 'I was drunk!' card doesn't count."

"Which is why I don't plan to use it, Nattie," the voice that haunted my nightmares drawled behind me. I didn't turn around as he asked, "Can I talk to Y/N alone?"

Nattie looked at me for my reaction and I said, "I'll be fine. But keep Nikkie, Brie, and Paige in the loop." Nattie nodded and left me alone with the man I never thought I'd see again. Though it was generally polite to look people in the face when talking, I didn't as I asked, "What do you want, Allen?"

He stared at me and said, "You only use my real name when I really fucked up."

I didn't move while I said, "And you did really fuck up. Asuka was half-naked on top of you and you were drunk. What am I to make of that, Allen?" I didn't get an answer and I turned and looked at him. Once I looked at him, I saw the red living in his eyes; AJ was crying.

I watched him intently as he said, "I don't have a sufficient apology because I know I fucked up. I don't have an acceptable reason for you other than I'm so sorry for treating you like this. I love you so much, Y/N, and I can't imagine my life without you." His hands started shaking and I saw tears falling from his eyes. AJ wiped his eyes and asked, "Can you please forgive me?"

He'd never asked me for anything like this while we were dating, so I didn't know what to do or say after AJ asked me for forgiveness. However, doing this in the middle of catering was pushing it too far. I sighed and said, "Follow me and keep your head down."

AJ nodded and followed me out of catering and down the many winding hallways to my destination, which seemed farther away than normal. As we walked, AJ asked, "Where're we going?"

I didn't answer right away as the gorilla appeared; I heard AJ sigh when he saw it. We walked up the stairs and I said while keeping my back to him, "I don't think I can forgive you yet, AJ. You took my trust and broke it into a thousand tiny pieces. But I'm willing to work on our relationship if you are."

AJ smiled behind me and said, "There's nothing I'd work harder to fix than our relationship." I giggled despite myself and AJ said, "I love you so much, Y/N. And I promise you I'll make our relationship work." My cheeks were the same color as his Spandex and he smirked when he noticed this; damn his Southern charm! I didn't look at him as he prepared for his match against Roman Reigns, which was happening in twenty minutes. After someone came and told him he was up, he nodded while asking me, "Would you go out with me later, darlin'?"

I nodded and answered, "Yes, AJ, I will. Now go and kick Roman's ass." He smiled and nodded before turning to the gorilla and headed to the curtain. As I watched him walk, something came over me and I ran after him, clomping up the stairs and making him face me. Before he spoke, I cupped his cheeks and crushed my lips to his in a long-awaited and much-needed kiss. He rested his hands on my hips and I pulled away after three minutes while whispering, "Win this match, AJ."

He smiled, pulled away, and said, "I will. And then we're going out on the town."

I giggled and said, "It's a date." He beamed and kissed my forehead before entering the thundering arena. I watched the screen intently as he entered the ring and got to work kicking the crap out of Roman. As I watched, I thought of what would happen tonight and afterward. I knew it would take me a long time to forgive AJ, but I did know we were going to make our relationship work hell or high water.