Randy Orton x OC Request

This story was requested by the lovely @ExplicitMox, I hope you like it! This is my first time writing for Randy Orton, so if I get his personality wrong, I apologize profusely. And requests for this book are open, so feel free to request a story and I will make it happen! :) :D Now, imma shut up and let's get to the story!

Rory's POV

I didn't plan to ever come back to work again after I got injured in the ring four years ago and had to retire. I quite liked being at home and spending time with my four-year-old German Shepherd, Roxy. And yet, something pulled me back into the WWE after I expressly told that same feeling to shove it; I wanted to spend the rest of my time at home without having to put my life on the line in the ring. Oh wow, I'm rude! My name is Rory, and I'm a professional wrestler for the World Wrestling Entertainment Company, or WWE, as I mentioned earlier. And this is my story.

When I walked into the arena that Monday night, I kept my head down and let my hair cover my face. It wasn't that I didn't want to be noticed by anyone because there was some very small part of me that wanted to be noticed by my coworkers and ex-boyfriend, Randy Orton, who I knew was working tonight. However, there was the majority of me that didn't want to be seen or recognized at all due to the fear of not being remembered. I mean, I left so abruptly and so early in my career that any friends I'd made probably forgot about me and what I looked like! It was only natural for that to happen, so I didn't think anything of it when I rounded a corner and then heard, "Rory! What's up, girl?"

I looked up from my phone and saw the signature face paint in the hands of one Jeff Hardy as he smiled at me with obvious happiness at something; I turned thinking it was someone else he was talking to, but stopped when I still felt his eyes on me. I smiled at him and finally registered that I'd somehow gotten myself into catering and was being stared at by almost every wrestler working that night, sans Randy, surprisingly. While yes, I did mention before that I got injured in the ring, I also was injured outside of the ring when Randy cheated on me and left me alone to pick up the pieces. But that was in the past, and I'd figured out my life away from wrestling, so why was I here again? I shook my head out of my thoughts, smiled at Jeff, and said, "Hi there, Jeff. Good to see you."

He beamed and asked, "Want to sit with me and and the guys and catch up about what you've been doing since we last saw you?" I then noticed he was sitting with Finn Balor, AJ Styles, and Sheamus, chatting about I had no clue what and didn't want to know. Well, this was going to be interesting.

I smiled and nodded while heading towards them, listening and smiling to all the other superstars who welcomed me back to work with open arms and smiles for days. When I sat down in between Finn and AJ, I saw a plate of food in front of me and a red SOLO cup of I had no idea what liquid. Who the hell got me all this food? I stared at Jeff and asked, "Who got me all this?"

Sheamus smiled and answered, "We all put something on the plate for you, love. It's our way of saying welcome back to WWE and have a great rest of your career!"

And once Sheamus shut up, my heartbeat soared not in the good way and I had to resist the urge to run out of catering to my car in the parking lot. Why the fuck were these people being nice to me after four years of me not being here?! I stared at them as they went back to chatting as if I wasn't there, as they should. While they talked, I seriously contemplated leaving the building, not thinking that anyone was watching me, which I was wrong about probably for the better.

Randy's POV

After I cheated on Rory and our relationship ending, I couldn't manage to get my ass in the dating game again. Rory was my person, and she will always be my person no matter who my heart lets into it again. And when I thought back to that time, I remembered that it was because of me that she got injured and had to retire so early in her career. I didn't plan on running into her again after four years of missing her like crazy. But I was dead wrong, and I loved being wrong ever so much.