Chapter 2. The Masquerade Ball Part 2

Olivia wrapped her arms around her brother and cradled her head on his shoulder. Her eyes began to water as she held her brother in a tight embrace. After a few seconds, she pulled back unable to control her smile.

"I've missed you so much, Anthony."

"I've missed you too little sister." Her brother grinned.

Anthony was tall, a mix between their mother and fathers height. His slick brown hair was combed back and he wore a gold masquerade which looked much more elegant than her plain white one.

"Let's go," He said motioning her to follow him. "I want you to meet some people."

As she entered the castle, she felt goosebumps on her shoulders. The grand doors led to a large and spacious ballroom, at the very centre was an enormous golden chandelier that hung below the arabesque ceiling, lighting up the entire ballroom with its many vibrant candles.

The circular room was protected by towering stone walls and marble pillars and was surrounded by stained windows that were covered by velvet curtains. As she walked in with her brother, she noticed that the floor was made of fancy marble wood. The lord sure did have good taste in interior design.

The opulent ballroom was filled with at least 500 people, most of them being vampire aristocrats while the rest being the Lord's loyal servants making sure everything was going smoothly.

The women wore obnoxiously plump dresses while the men wore tight waistcoats and trousers. On the front stage, a band played as a beautiful songstress sang. She filled the room with her hauntingly alluring voice combined with the sound of violins playing as the audience danced and gossiped.

"Is the Lord here?" Olivia questioned.

"No, I was told the Lord wouldn't attend tonight"

Who wouldn't attend their own ball? Olivia thought to herself, although it did relieve her knowing the Lord wasn't here. She didn't understand why so many women would do anything to gain his attention, even if he was attractive he was known to be a monster and she highly doubted he would treat women any differently compared to his enemies.

Her brother had surely met the Lord himself, she wanted to ask him what he was like in person. As she walked with her brother through the busy crowd, she opened her mouth to speak but they suddenly stopped in front of a small group of people.

"Olivia I would like you to meet my close friends." Her brother smiled "This is Lancelot, Derek and Matilda."

All three gave a small smile as he said their names.

"A pleasure to finally meet you Olivia" Matilda spoke enthusiastically as she reached her hand out.

Matilda had long ginger, curly hair and dark emerald eyes.

As Olivia shook her hand, she smiled and looked over at Lancelot and Derek. Both men were fairly tall, Lancelot being the tallest. His blonde hair was in a small ponytail while Derek had short, messy black hair. Both men were fairly attractive and muscular.

After shaking Matilda's hand, Lancelot took out his large hand to greet Olivia.

"Nice to meet you," He said in a low modulated voice. "I didn't know your sister was so beautiful, are you sure you are related?"

Olivia blushed at his words while her brother stood next to her glaring at Lancelot. As Olivia shook Derek's hand, her brother crossed his arms over his chest.

"Don't even think about it, Lance." Anthony spoke seriously.

Olivia could tell her brother's friends were also knights as they all wore the same uniform, they also wore the same coloured masks. She also guessed they were all turned vampires, just like her brother.