Chapter 24. A Vampire Wedding Part 1

Sorry for the long wait! Don't forget to vote as it really helps motivate me to update. I'll try to post part 2 of this chapter asap. Enjoy! :)

After a regular day, Olivia returned to her room in the afternoon to get dressed for the night. Her gown was sleeveless and had a long skirt that reached to the floor. Nathaniel had told her the dress was made by one of the finest dressmakers in the country, and she could definitely tell by the precise and intricate detailing of the patterns on the skirt.

The girl's long, dark hair was brushed as it remained resting just below her shoulders. She wore minimal makeup and subtle makeup that she put on herself.

Once she was in her dress, she reached her hand behind to pull up the zipper but as she did she found the task to be quite a struggle. She could grab the latch, but the problem was pulling it all the way up as when it went halfway through the slider her hair got caught in it.

Olivia let out a groan of frustration as she attempted to get her hair untangled from the zipper when a sharp knock came from the door.

"Come in" She spoke, thinking it was Norma.

The door opened and she still had her back turned, still trying to untangle her hair.

"Let me help you." Nathaniel's deep voice came from behind.

She kept her head down, feeling a shiver run down her back when his hands grazed over her exposed back. As he untangled her hair from the zipper with his careful and gentle hands, the girl stood nervously as she waited in silence. She was thankful he couldn't see how red her face was. When her hair was finally free and her dress was fully zipped, he turned his gaze to the mirror as he smiled seeing the beautiful girl in the reflection.

For a second he brooded over bringing her along, perhaps it would anger him too much to see others stare at her, especially the men. It was a wedding ceremony they were attending after all, and hopefully, the attention would be focused on that alone.

"Let's go, I'm afraid we're running a bit late." He said as he turned away and headed towards the door.

She cleared her throat and followed, checking her hair in the mirror one last time before leaving.

"I must thank you for this dress, but I have plenty of dresses in my wardrobe I could've worn tonight."

"Nonsense." He chastised. "You need a fine dress to attend such an event."

He had a point, but still, it didn't seem right that he had to buy a completely new dress for tonight. But perhaps such an extravagant dress would help her blend in with the rest of the guests so she wouldn't have to worry too much about standing out.

Lord Nathaniel held the front door open for her, and when she stepped outside she was met with a cold gush of wind. The sky was unbelievably dark as any streaks of orange had completely faded away along with the sun. It was a foggy night, and so the stars and moon were hiding as well.

The girl shivered, rubbing her hands together to create warmth. When she breathed out a cloud of mist would float into the cold air then disappear.

The Lord furrowed as the human girl shivered, she was wearing a dress that exposed her shoulders and she was out in the cold winter air. Humans were sensitive to temperature, and he could see the tips of her fingers turning pale which worried him.

"Here." The Lord took off his dark coat, placing it on her back and wrapping it around her arms so it wouldn't fall.

"Thank you, but aren't you cold?" She looked at him with concern.

"Don't worry about me."

He was wearing a shirt with short sleeves, and somehow he was still fine as he wasn't shivering at all unlike her. A carriage came just as she was about to ask him how much longer they had to wait. He opened the door, following behind her as she entered the cosy carriage.