Chapter 22. Answers

Thank you everyone for 10k reads! Sorry for the long wait hope you enjoy this chapter :D

"Now I'm only going to ask you once." He glowered. "Why did you hurt her?"

Both guards were chained up to the wall with thick rusted chains around their wrists, their faces were all beaten and bloodied.

"P-please Lord Nathaniel, we didn't know what we were doing." The guard on the right quivered. "It was Lady Sophia! She made us do it."

He narrowed his eyes at his words as his hands curled into tight fists.

"And how did Lady Sophia get in the castle?"

"She entered through a secret passage, she also used it to escape before you came."

Lord Nathaniel knew of the many secret passages in the castle and had an idea of which one she might've used. He would have to remind himself later to order some guards to cover up the passageway so she wouldn't be able to enter the castle again.

"Please my Lord. Have mercy." One of the guards pleaded as tears rolled down his bruised cheeks.

He felt no pity, no sympathy, nothing. It brought him joy seeing them in pain. When he first seized them he wanted to rip their hearts out but death would simply be too kind for them. What he planned was far worse than death. He would torture them until they could no longer scream and their bodies could no longer feel pain and he would enjoy every second of it.

"Mercy?" He chuckled darkly.

There was no way on earth he would allow that after what happened. He still remembered when he found the girl laying on the dungeon floors, her body barely breathing. Thinking of the image raged his blood in fury. He circled around the prisoners carefully, sensing their growing fear.

Suddenly, he turned his head to the side as he heard footsteps. He spotted Louis emerging from the shadows, his blonde hair glistening under the torchlight.

Lord Nathaniel left their cell and made his way towards him as Louis watched with a frown. He quickly peeked his head seeing the two guards chained up with deep cuts all over their bodies. The sight didn't affect him, he knew Nathaniel wouldn't let them succumb to death just yet after what they did. Maybe ever.

"What are you going to do with Lady Sophia?"

He had tortured the guards for a while now but still, his thirst for revenge was unsatiated. It was because although they were the ones that made the bruises on her body, they were not the ones that plotted the whole thing. They were just following orders, and it was Lady Sophia who he wanted to punish.

"What do you think I'm going to do?" He replied with his back turned.

Louis froze and stared at him with a baffled expression.

"You're not actually going to kill her, are you?"

"No, I'm going to do far worse than that."

"If you hurt her, her father is going to kill you."

"I'd like to see him try." Lord Nathaniel chuckled darkly.

Louis frowned at his words. He knew there was nothing he could do, and that he was going to get his revenge. He wanted to avenge Olivia as well, but Lady Sophia was the daughter of a Duke which made it harder done than said.

"What about the council?"

He could torture the guards with no trouble, but Lady Sophia had status. Her father was a Duke, and he would definitely complain to the council if he were to lay a finger on his daughter. Lord Nathaniel was so fueled with rage he didn't care if the situation would stir up trouble with them. He was above all of them, and it didn't matter if they had a problem with his decisions.