▪[8]▪

Recap:
I pick up the emerald and like last time I see a glow around me for a while. Then as it disappears I feel a sudden burst of power within me. I decide to take this back to the base and show Tails. I dash back to the lab and find Tails working on another invention. But just as I'm about to say hi I get the ringing in my ears and the shocking pain at the back of my neck. I yell out I pain once again. I see someone black in colour coming towards me. Shadow. I catch a glimpse of him before I lose myself again. The pain and the ringing goes away and I get that exact same thought.

"KILL THEM!"

Shadow's P.O.V

Finally that mission is over. It normally takes an hour to destroy all of Robotnik's robots, but this mission took a little longer than expected. I'm just glad that we're home. But that feeling of relief disappears when I hear a scream of pain.

"What the hell is that?" I hear Silver say. I teleport to where the scream came from, the beach. I see Ark on his knees, staring at me in pain and fear. I notice the chaos emerald in his hand. Then he goes quiet and looks up at me, his eyes red. He charges towards me, attempting to punch my stomach. I dodge easily, but I feel something wrapped around my wrist. I turn around and see Ark grabbing it tightly. He spins me around for a few seconds before I find myself being thrown into a tree head first. I feel a sharp pain at the back of my head. I rub the area gentaly. I don't even notice Ark flying towards me. I teleport just in time to avoid the collision. But I feel a sharp pain at the back of my neck, like a jolt of electricity is being fired into my body.

"Did you really think that teleporting will help you escape from me?" I look behind me to see Ark with his palm out toward my face. "Guess what Shadow," he fires an energy ball right in my chest sending a hard shock through my body. I drop to my knees, yelling in pain. He continues with a sinister smile. "You're not the only one who can use chaos controll, not anymore." He says. He forms another energy ball in his palm, aiming it towards me. I'm too drained to dodge or use chaos controll. I just close my eyes and wait for the blast, but it never happens. I open one eye and look up to see ark motionless, his arms dangling at his side, his head slumped to the side and his eyes pitch black. He's still holding the emerald. I stand up and dust myself off and inspect him. It's almost like he's been turned off or something. I notice someone behind Ark. Tails.

"What did you do to him?" I ask.

"Dont worry about Ark. I just turned him off temporarily." He says to me. I notice a remote in his hand.

"That remote is how you turned Ark off, isn't it?" I say arms crossed.

"Yeah. I've been doing a little tinkering and I found a way to turn Ark on and off in case he glitches out again, like now." He explains.

"So what will you do with him now?" I ask curiously.

"Well, I'm gonna try find the source of the glitches. And if I can then I can extract them and erradicate the source from his body." He explains. Seeing Ark just standing there, still and seemingly lifeless, it gives me chills. He's soon taken to Tails's lab. I then remember seeing an r on his gloves as he tried to punch me. At first I'm really confused to what they stand for but the realization hits me in the face. It stands for Robotnik. He was in one of Robotnik's chambers on his ship. Does that mean that Ark was built by him? That thought soon exits my mind when the others come running to me.

"What happened? Who was screaming?" I hear Silver say.

"It was Ark, he glitched out again. But I handled him." I say.

"In what way?" Faker asks me.

"That is none of your business. Now if you'll all excuse me, " I say before teleporting back to my room inside the house. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone else. But whenever Ark glitches out I always wonder why it happens. Then Iget a flashback to the first day we first met him. He was in Robotnik's ship, and it didn't look like he was hurt or captured or anything. I looked like he was charging. Then it hits me. Ark really was created by Robotnik. He's gonna end up destroying us all if the glitches don't stop. I should talk to Sally about this. Someone has to keep an eye on him and make sure that he doesn't go rogue on us.

A/N
Okay, another chapter done! Sorry for the wait. Cycle tests started at my school, which are pretty much minni exam papers which are less stressful and we have less time to write them. Either way, I'm allowed to write again so here you are. Anyway that's all I have for now guys.
Cya.😊