•[20]•

Recap:
I know that my plan is gonna be hard to execute by myself, but I have to do it by myself. I would risk putting the others in danger of they came with me and I wouldn't want that. This weapon has to be destroyed and I won't leave until it is. Even if it means I don't make it back either.

Tails's P.O.V

"Energy bomb!" I say planting an energy ball in the ground. A few seconds later it blasts Knuckles in the air. He falls to the ground but lands on his feet.

"That was a nice move Tails. You're getting stronger." Me says walking over to me.

"Thanks to your training Knuckles." I say. Ever since three days ago after I was able to walk, I've been discovering these new airokenetic abilities. I told Knuckles about it and he agreed to train me, like he did with Ark. I still have no idea how I have these powers and why I only know about them now. I guess it must've come from one of my parents. I'm not too sure about it.

"Okay, that's all for today. Let's get back to base." Knuckles says.

"Yeah, I'm exhausted. I could really use a nap right now." I say stretching. Then me and Knuckles head back to the base. It isn't too far from where we are, close to about five minutes away. I walk past my lab and notice that my mega computer is on.

"Hmm? Why is my computer on? That's wierd. I'm sure I turned it off last night." I say walking to the computer. But just as I'm about to turn it off, I see an alert. And its a critical one. I have a look and gasp before calling everyone to the lab. Soon, everyone is there.

"Okay Tails, what's this about now?" Knuckles says annoyed.

"Yeah, its been forever since we've gotten an alert. Whats the deal?" Sonic says crossing his arms.

"It's the desth egg! Robotnik started building and its almost complete." I say. I hear everyone gasp and see their faces change into faces of fear.

"Oh no, not the desth egg again. It took us forever to knock it put the last time it appeared." Silver says.

"And that's not the only troubling thing, Ark is on it!" I say shocked. I hear another round of gasps coming from the others.

"That fool. What is he doing all the way up there? And how did he know before us?" Shadow says looking up.

"Okay everyone, here's the plan. Knux, Shadow, Silver, Amy, and Tails, you're with me on the attack." Sonic commands.

"Wait, I get to come with you this time?!" I ask excitedly.

"We need all the help we can get. The death egg is hard to beat. Besides, I think you're ready now." He says.

"Yes! Finally!" I say throwing my fist in the air.

"Back to what I was saying, Blaze, Mighty, Sally and Rouge, you're gonna make sure that there's a way for us to get out of there after its destroyed." Sonic commands. They all nod.

"What about Ark?" I say concerned.

"We'll bring him with us after the death egg is destroyed. Now, let's go this!" Sonic says.

"Right!" We all say. We all then jump into my jet and as soon as everyone is seated and ready to go, I start the engine and start taking off, going faster and faster the higher we go. Eventually, we make it out of Mobius's atmosphere and come face to face with the death egg. And just like the alert said, its almost completely constructed.

"Okay, how are we gonna get in there?" Sonic asks.

"Look, there's an opening there at the bottom." Knuckles says pointing to a large hole in the bottom of the ship. I immediately fly the jet towards it and land inside. We all climb out.

"Okay everyone, we need to find Ark and take this ship down before they finish building." Sonic says.

"But how? We can't destroy it bit by bit, it would take forever." Shadow says.

"But maybe if we locate the power input and destroy it, then the ship will fail to sustain stability." I say.

"Tails, please talk on a language we all understand." Silver says.

"Oh, sorry. What I'm trying to say is that if we find the power source to this ship and destroy or disconnect it, then the death egg should lose power and maybe even self destruct." I explain.

"So, after we find Ark, we destroy the power source and blow this place up. Got it." Knuckles says. A few seconds pass by and he then starts running down a hallway. We all follow him knowing that Ark might be down there. And he is, but he's fighting Metal and Robotnik, and he's losing! Almost instantly, Sonic dashes in and kicks Metal in the chest, sending him flying into a wall. Arkt turns his head to face Sonic with a surprised face.

"Sonic? What are you doing here?" He says.

"We came to help you." He says. With that the rest of us charge at Robotnik and Metal.

"You three go! We'll handle these two." Knuckles says punching Metal. The three of us nod before Ark grabs me and Sonic and dashes away from all the fighting. He stops and let's go of us a little while later.

"What are you guys doing here?" He says.

"We came to help you destroy this thing, obviously." Sonic says.

"I was doing fine on my own." Ark says folding his arms.

"Oh come on Ark, we all know that's a lie. Why are you up here by yourself?" I say.

"Well..." Ark starts scratching his head before letting out a sigh. "Robotnik installed blueprints to the death egg into my memory drive. When he captured me, he must've extracted a copy from me and started rebuilding." Ark explains.

"So that's why we disnt get any mission alerts for the past few months. He was too busy building." I say in realization.

"I wanted to tell you guys about it but you were all enjoying yourselves. So when I saw the alert, I came here by myself." Ark explains further.

"Ark, it would be a lot easier to take this thing down with everyone here. You ahouldnt do this by yourself." Sonic says putting a hand on Ark shoulder. He lets our a sigh.

"You're right. Now come on, the only way to destroy this thing is by removing its power source." Ark says. He starts running in a certain direction with me and Sonic following. I hope Ark knows what he's doing. If we don't take this huge piece of scrap metal out of the sky soon, then we're done for.

A/N

Only about two chapters left until the completion of this book. To everyone who's reading, thanks for supporting this book. But a special thanks to 26hardersonk for all the support you've shown me. You're my biggest supporter. And that's why I dedicate this chapter to you. Honestly, you're one of the main reasons I keep writing. Damn I gotta get some sleep though, its past 11 PM here. But anyways that's it for now Speed Demons. See you all in the next chapter. Until then have a good day.

Bye 😊