•[21]•

(Super long chapter ahead, no joke like over 2500 words)

Recap:
I hope Ark knows what he's doing. If we don't take this huge piece of scrap metal out of the sky soon, then we're done for.

Your P.O.V

Me and Metal stare at each other for a while before he charges towards me, aiming for my eye. I dodge just in time and counter attack with a few energy blasts, all of them landing with a direct hit. But a short second after I feel a sharp pain in my back and stumble, landing on the floor. I turn back and realize that Robotnik is behind me. Suddenly I get a kick to the face by that blue copy cat which sends me flying back and hitting the wall. I let out a groan as I fall to the floor again and struggle to get up. That's when I see a blue blur dashing past me and attacking Metal. Obviously there's only one person who could do that. Sonic. And he's not alone, the rest of the team is here as well.

"Sonic? What are you doing here?" I say trying to get up.

"We came to help you." He says. With that the rest of the team charge at Robotnik and Metal. It buys me some time to get back to my feet. Sonic and Tails then rush to me.

"You three go! We'll handle these two." Knuckles says punching Metal. The three of us nod before I grab Tails and Sonic and dash away from all the fighting. I need somewhere quiet to think of a plan. I stop and let's go of them a little while later.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"We came to help you destroy this thing, obviously." Sonic says with a smug expression.

"I was doing fine on my own." I say folding my arms.

"Oh come on Ark, we all know that's a lie. Why are you up here by yourself?" Tails says.

"Well..." I start scratching my head. 'What do I tell them? That I knew about this for a long time but didnt have the guts to tell you guys? But, they're my friends, they would understand' Goes through my head. I look up before letting out a sigh. "Robotnik installed blueprints to the death egg into my memory drive. When he captured me, he must've extracted a copy from me and started rebuilding." I explain.

"So that's why we disnt get any mission alerts for the past few months. He was too busy building." Tails say in realization.

"I wanted to tell you guys about it but you were all enjoying yourselves. So when I saw the alert, I came here by myself." I explain further.

"Ark, it would be a lot easier to take this thing down with everyone here. You ahouldnt do this by yourself." Sonic says putting a hand on my shoulder. I let out another sigh before looking up at him again.

"You're right. Now come on, the only way to destroy this thing is by destroying its power source." I say. Then I feel a faint and firmilliar energy, telling me to go in a certain direction. Without thinking twice I run in that direction, Sonic and Tails following behind me. After a bit of running I stop in a room with a bunch of wires going all over the place. And they're hooked up to a chaos extractor in the middle of the room. Why am I not surprised?

"This has to be the power source." Tails says.

"And this whole ship is powered by this one chaos emerald?" Sonic says surprised.

"So that's the energy I felt. But if it's the power source then by removing it..." I say trailing off. Then I go over to the emerald and start pulling it with all my strength, nothing. I pull more, still nothing.

"Uh, guys? A little help would be very appreciated right about now." I say looking back. Sonic and Tails then rush to me and start pulling the emerald with me. We pull so hard that we end up letting go to the emerald and fall on the floor.