🍓The Second Phase🍓

The contestants walk into the two gates, nervous to what is to come next. So far, this exam has killed off at least half the contestants that we started with. The ones living are almost dead from exhaustion. The only thing keeping us standing is the rush of adrenaline that's a side effect from this horrifying Exam.

   "Hello contestants! Welcome to the second phase of the Hunter Exam! Im Menchi and this is your other examiner, Buhara. This phase will consist of cooking!"

   Oh no. I didn't expect to cook. I'm also not a very skilled chef. Sure, I can cook with instructions nearby but a free-for-all? Yeah, no way. Contestants around me were groaning in disbelief and arguing with the judges. Rolling my eyes at the bickering "adults," I zone out and wait for the next instructions. For what seems to be an eternity that comes to a finish, we were given the task to hunt down a pig and cook it to satisfy the judges. We start to walk into the forest and discover that the only pork related animal is, in fact, a bloodthirsty carnivore. Great. A pig comes out of nowhere and starts to chase me. Running for my life, because I really am not trying to lose my life to a wanna-be-pumbaa. I jump up to a tree sitting on the highest branch, with a pig right below me, who luckily, isn't able to climb.

   "Scarlet! Aim for the center of it's head!" Gon yelled from across the forest.

   I reached for my knife from my boot, and jumped from the branch. Slamming the knife in the pig's head. With one thrust of the knife, the pig remained on the ground, lifeless. I dragged the poor soul to the area that had plenty of cooking supplies. On the counter were vibrant colors of  fruits and vegetables. Deciding that I am in no way able to cook any gourmet meal, I start to wash all the vegetables to make a simple salad. Guessing what to put into this side dish, I chop all the vegetables that were previously washed and throw that into a bowl. I make a spicy salad dressing to compliment the pork and put cheese on top. Now time to start the hard part. I thread my knife through the pork and slicing medium cuts, reminiscing of when I was a child. Learning how to properly cut through a body with minimal blood loss was a difficult thing to learn. When my Father first started to take me on missions, I was to slash without killing. The purpose, as he said, was to only get information; because that's all that we were paid for. I put the pork on the grill, and started my plate. On the right side of the plate was my salad with the spicy dressing and cheese. I placed my pork on the left side, and seasoned it with salt and pepper. Garnishing with a pineapple on top for the sole purpose of seeing it in the movies, I bring it up to the judges for them to enjoy. The man, who largely resembles a teddy bear, passes me and loves my dish! Okay one down, one to go.

   "Your cuts are even and straight, but the pork was over cooked." The second examiner said.

   Defeated, I slowly walked away.  I expected this but the first judge gave me a false hope. One by one contestants were being knocked down and failed. I felt a little better knowing so many have also failed. Once everyone was eliminated, an uproar began. Menchi, who was still defending her decision, had a stubborn look on her face. She had the expression that she wasn't going to back down. An oldman dove down from an airship above. The Chairman, who introduced himself to everyone, explained how it wasn't fair to fail everybody. She truly let her emotions about food get into the way of a fair chance. Striking an agreement, the change of the second exam was to be retrieving eggs. We were transported to a mountain, with a large spider web net that covered the gap of the falling point. Menchi demonstrated how to capture the egg by jumping to the thought of death, and flew up into the air before reaching the bottom. Gon and the rest of the gang jumped to the spider web, hanging off of it. Others copied our actions but got impatient and fell towards the ground. Some were too scared and were forced to stay on the top by their anxious minds. Gon, counting down from three, yelled at us to finally attempt to retrieve the eggs. I reach out to get an egg and fall, praying to not die. I finally feel a sudden gust of wind, hugging my body as a lay, comforting me to relax enough to enjoy this feeling. I reach the starting ground and remember that I actually hate eggs. Smiling at my forgetfulness, I walk over to Killua and the rest to offer them my egg. They all decline, already full from their own eggs. I spotted Illumi and Hisoka and walked over towards them.

   "Hey do you guys want my egg? I don't really like them."

   "But Scarlet~this is a dream egg, it's a once in a lifetime experience" Hisoka said with a playful frown.

   "Eggs are nasty nevertheless."

   "I'll take it." Illumi said with his poker face.

    Feeling uncomfortable that I was the only one who wasn't eating anything, I pulled out the pack of gum that I had in my pocket.

   "Is that bungee gum?" Hisoka said with a genuine smile.

   "Yup. Strawberry, my favorite!"

   I tossed over a piece and Hisoka caught it in his mouth. As he was chewing he had the biggest smile on his face, like a child who got to buy his favorite piece of candy from the candy store.

    "Thank you my strawberry♥️~"

♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️
I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far, I'm enjoying writing this so much! If you have any ideas please feel free to comment and recommend ideas!!!

Love Yuku🖤