🎶At Last 🎶

A lot has happened over the past few days. After Hisoka's fight, my days were filled with training with him and the boys. There was the occasional call from my mother and a greeting text from Leorio but the most trouble was stirred by the three "newbie annihilators." After kidnapping Zushi and using him as a hostage to get Killua and Gon to fight them for pity wins; Killua agreed to fight, but if they kept their word. They of course didn't and Killua had to threaten the pathetic three.  Sadaso was told to never show his face again, after his little trick. Killua had asked me to follow him for a day to see if he had left. While I followed him I heard his phone call to warn his friends. The call consisted of him underestimating Killua and warning the others. It was quite humorous to see a man who thought he was truly evil to be faced with someone like Killua. An assassin who couldn't fear anything because it was in his blood to be a nightmare. If you are made to be the thing that everyone worries is under the bed at night or hiding in your closet, and the monster that occupies your mind when it's silent and dark; we cannot fear anything, because we have looked terror in the eyes itself.  Killua made me swear not to tell anyone about this, especially Gon.

   Machi and I sat at an indoor table, in the booth located in the corner of a busy restaurant. Families were filtering in and out for quick drinks and long meals. The room was filled with hearty conversations and old music filtering around us.

   "So, how did you even meet Hisoka?" Machi said with her eyebrow raised.

   "Hunter's Exam."

   "When did you go to that?"

   "Couple months ago." I tugged my velvet black dress that was slipping up my thighs, and nervously proceeded to slip my hands into the sleeves of the oversized black blazer I was wearing.

   "Wait....so your telling me, that you went to a global exam that had numerous people you could meet, and you pick a killer?"

   "Machi...are you forgetting i'm an assassin? And you are also in fact, a murder too?"

   "Still!"

   "He just grabbed my attention in the most special way."

   "What did he do?"

   "He murdered someone" I said gazing up into the air with goo-goo eyes.

   "That's it?"

   "It's more than that, the way his tone didn't shift when the yells came from the victim. The careless look on his face, and his words when he spoke with no mercy!" I shivered as I said that.

   "Wow. He really impressed you?"

   "Not necessarily impressed. Maybe just hypnotize me with his unique mannerisms. Opened my eyes to something new. Entertained me for once."

   "Knowing you, i'm surprised that you haven't got bored yet. So, is this one serious?"

   "I think so." I smiled. Machi grinned back with an understanding look, she was happy for me. She was glad that I actually seemed content, even though she hated Hisoka, she would put up with him for me.

   Curiously I asked, "Enough about me, how's you and Pakunoda."

   "Nothing....accept we have been more friendly.."

   "Okay.. what does friendly mean."

   "Well, she likes me back." Machi let out a giggle.

   "Really?!"

   "Yeah, but we haven't really given it a label."

   "Labels are overrated."

   "Ha! Imagine if you believed in labels. You would have had a lot of old relationships"

   "Not my fault they were boring."

   Machi rolled her eyes. After a while of talking, Machi and I went for a walk around the array of shops and restaurants. The night was dark and warm but with a light breeze, so the heat wasn't over-bearing.  We went to a bunch of small shops and examined all the different items each store had. In one, we ended up trying on multiple pairs of different sunglasses, laughing at each other for making silly faces. Machi even managed to take a picture of me in pink heart sunglasses, reminding me of a Barbie doll accessory. After a couple seconds, Hisoka texted me,

   1 text from My Clown ⭐️-_-💧:Having fun without me?

Scarlet:Maybe 😬

Notification: Hisoka Morow venmoed you 50$, Accept?

Scarlet: Why did you send me money?

My Clown ⭐️-_-💧: Buy the sunglasses

Scarlet: Huh?

My Clown ⭐️-_-💧:Machi sent me the picture of you looking cute

Scarlet: Hisoka...I have my own money

My Clown ⭐️-_-💧: Buy them

Scarlet: Ihy

My Clown⭐️-_-💧:🥰

The sidewalks were lit with bright lamps lining every 10 feet. We brazed through the outdoor crowds and stumbled upon outdoor entertainment. A woman was singing At Last (By Etta James) with her partner sitting beside her playing a guitar. Machi and I slow danced to the song. I truly missed her these past years. She was my first best friend. Compared to the new friends I made during the Hunters Exam, Machi was like the sister I've never had. When I first met her, she was cold and distant.

Chrollo had paired us both for a side mission to get specific documents in an unknown military base. Machi wanted absolutely nothing to do with me, she stayed silent when I would try and talk to her about anything besides the mission. When we finally entered the location, we had been caught after setting off a hidden alarm. Soldiers surrounded and captured us. The guards holding us injected a tranquilizer that immediately knocked us out before we could even attempt to fight back. When we both awoke, our hands were tied with rope. We were hung to the wall like animals. We had to stay silent, as to not give away any information. The soldier in the room had  beaten us until we let out pain filled groans instead of bitter silence. When he had left the small room, I took my chance and burned the ropes that held me. Growing up, various amount of torture was inflected on me, so this was nothing but another Wednesday night. Hearing the footsteps come back, I had the chance to run and escape. Machi saw my hesitation and gave me a reassuring smile to run and never look back. But as soon as she closed her eyes again to pass out from the pain, I burned her ropes and carried her. I couldn't leave her behind, she was my partner. We began this mission together and I was determined to complete it as a team. I carried her on my back, the footsteps approaching closer. I hid the both of us behind the door, waiting for the lone soldier. The men had taken away all my weapons, so I had to rely on my abilities. My hand wrapped around his throat, crushing his vocal cords. All he could let out was silent screams. I burned his skin a blaze, sending him to ashes.