🔮The Fifth Phase Pt.2🔮

"Dummy....."

I said while placing and resting my head on his chest. Listening to his steady heartbeat was relaxing. Hisoka being so honest, was a little shocking. The tricks and disguises we put up to others, seem to always disintegrate when it's just us. We laid there silent for a while, comfortable with each other's presences. The light glazing the water in a way I have never noticed before, and the wind whistling in a sweet tone, everything was truly at peace. A feeling neither I nor Hisoka had expected.

"Dear~ I have a match~" Hisoka whispered, in a gentle tone.

"Awww... Fine" I got up off the bench and pouted, Hisoka following behind me. We reached the battle ground, but Gon was nowhere to be seen. I had an obvious look of confusion on my face,

"Scarlet!" Leorio said signaling me over. Looking behind me, Hisoka's face had turned back into his non-caring expression everyone had been familiar with.

Kissing Hisoka on the cheek I said,

"Good luck~"

Hisoka, let out a proud smirk and pulled me into a proper kiss, enjoying every last millisecond of contact we had between our lips. Letting out a little giggle, I playfully pushed him away and walked over toward Leorio. During Hisoka's intense fight with Kurapika, Leorio explained Gon's motivation of righteousness, his ability to sway over his opponent with the pure innocence of his eyes, and how Hanzo even had to knock him out just to get him to accept the win. Soon after all details were added, Hisoka had stopped fighting and whispered something in Kurapika's ear, then forfeiting the match. Baffled to why Hisoka would surrender to his opponent, I walked over towards him,

"What happened?"

"Something that will surely be more fun in the future~"

Giving a disapproving look and rolling my eyes at the magician, he let out a chuckle at my expected reaction. We both stood, watching the third match, Hanzo versus Pokkle. Expecting a degree of torture to take action, but a true let down when Pokkle quickly surrendered, making the match boring and uneventful. The only exciting things during the match was my imagination of creating that fear and playing with it, it would have been more stirring. Hisoka, noticing my tiresome impression,

"I'll give you an image more amusing~"

He started to walk up to his next opponent, Bodro, while smirking at me. The fight was one sided, Hisoka superior. But Bodoro still continued, who was pained more with every touch. The man who would never give up received countless scratches, bruises, and pain. Normally Hisoka would never fight someone who was weaker, it was worthless, he told me before. Heat was rising in the room as I continued to see drops of blood splatter around, and trickle down Bodor's nose. The gruesome fight was all for me to savor, and was presented to me by my loving clown. Before the bloodlust started to become a problem, Hisoka knelt to the collapsed Bordo and spoke to him. That was the end of the fight, Hisoka the victor. With the smirk still on his face, Hisoka watched my chest rise up and down from the gory scene I had witnessed.

"Someone's excited♡~" He said to me, releasing a cold breath on my neck.

"It was delicious~" I bit his ear while whispering it to him, receiving a quiet,

"Mmmm.."

During this brief moment, the fifth fight had quickly ended with Killua forfeiting. Declaring, his opponent was plainly too boring for him. The Jester had walked me over to a wall and sat, dragging me to rest in between his legs. Sitting with my back to his stomach, his head rested in the dent between my neck and shoulder. He wrapped both his arms around my waist, making me more sheepish. We sat there watching the match starting with Killua and Illumi, while others were watching us. But what caught everyone's attention was Illumi's transformation into his true image. The mood had changed when he had revealed himself as Killua's brother. The air was full of despair and hopelessness. Illumi had started to release his nen, hypnotizing Killua with words of demoralized meanings. The brothers were both my friends but I just sat there speechless, unsure of what to do. The phrases of torment towards Killua sent him in a trance, repeating the words of: "you will never be a hunter, just a cold blooded killer."

The image of Killua brought back my years of training, torment normalized by assassin culture. Only, Killua had told Illumi all he wanted was to be friends with Gon, sweat dripping every second. That's when Illumi threatened to kill Gon, degrading his brother's hope even more.

"You have the soul of Killer." Illumi said with a bland tone.

The words my father said to me, that crushed my entire existence and worth. Nothing more than a killer. Just a murder.

Leorio interrupted my thoughts as he shouted, "Killua! Are you daft? You and Gon are already friends!?"

But that only caused Illumi to be spiteful, and threatened to kill Killua's only motivation. Before I could stand and do anything, Hisoka held me back, tightening his arms so I couldn't move. But Kurapika, Hanzo, and Leorio had already stood by the door leading to the hazard perceived in the older brothers eyes.

"Never fight an enemy you can't defeat Killua."

"Never fight an enemy you can't defeat, (Y/N)"

"You don't have the right to make friends"

"You don't have the right to make friends, (Y/N)"

Killua surrendered, and what was left of him was an emptiness shell. His defeat without effort had surprised Leorio but for me it was expected. Growing up with words of terminal sentences, made you nothing. You were a puppet, and your master made you whoever they wanted you to be. My ongoing struggle in Hisoka's arms was now limp, I just laid there lifeless, recalling all the trauma that was just triggered. He was puzzled and even poked me to try and get a reaction. But there was none. Everyword Illumi said brought me back to the place I was before. Gasping for air in a never ending pool of water.