🎪I love her.🎪

ATTENTION: THIS CHAPTER IS IN HISOKA'S PERSPECTIVE

My arm reached to the other side of the bed out of habit. The touch of her wasn't there. Her arms gripping onto some part of me, being so clingy at night and forgetting in the morning. The part of the morning that seemed so normal now was gone.

I sat up in bed, my arms resting on the blanket, twirling with the loose strings on the comforter. She left yesterday, and arrived at her home later that night. She sent me a text about her brother and how the situation was bad. She didn't know when she was going to get back, and was going to be busy for the next few days.

When I was younger, I was never interested in finding someone to care for. No one ever cared about me. When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world. The constant rejection and misery in Meteor city would be too much for anyone. My whole life, ignored. Abandoned and forgotten. Constantly beaten down mentally and physically. Who would remember the pathetic boy? Who seeked the streets for something. Anything. To escape his world of hell. Love didn't exist in Meteor city. Only hate, greed, and envy. Envy for a life that wasn't your own, a dream where worry was gone.

But one day the limp boy found something beautiful after wandering outside of town. A wonderland full of colors compared to the dust and gray streets outside. I still remember my first sight of the place I'd considered home, the tent colored with red and white stripes, it was the biggest thing I've ever seen.The loud cheery music flowing through my ears, and the inside with light and laughter. As soon as I felt the energy of laughter in the air, I was able to breathe. I ran to the tent and was entrenched by the animals and people. The people above flying through the air dressed in shiny, glittering clothes. The monstrous elephants that i've only seen in pictures stomping to the beat. The life that surrounded all around me, filling me with a joy I've never fathomed. Soon each clown, animal, or character flipped their way behind the curtain.

The curtains were drawn, then the lights went off one by one in a line. The music went quiet and everyone waited in anticipation. A spotlight appeared with violin music in the backround. The notes clashing with every sound of breath. And from one of the back seats in the audience, a man stood and clapped with the beat. He walked his way to the center of the ring, his leather gloves enhancing the noise and the audience joined him in the clap smiling and cheering. Once the man was in the center, he crossed his legs and spun, cards flying out of the cape that trailed behind him before. Every movement the man did, enchanted me even more. The sight of a dagger being thrusted into his hand, scared but entrailed me. I was excited to see the blood that would drip from his hand. But when he pulled it out, no blood was there, and it was like the knife was never inserted. Rather disappointed, I was entranced.
Immediately, I found the brilliant magician,

"Excuse me, How did you do that trick with your hand?"

"A magician never tells his secrets~"

"Please Sir, I have to know!"

"Where's your parent's kid?"

"Gone"

"Then who takes care of you?"

"Me? Who else?" I laughed.

"Any home?"

"Would you say home is somewhere you feel welcome and belong?"

"Yeah, sure, kid."

"This is it then. This is my home."

The magician let out a big smile, "Me too." He slung his arm around me and led me to the back of the stage.

The magician was the only family I had. The life in the Circus kept me breathing, everything I saw or experienced made me feel alive. He taught me everything I know about magic. He told me, part of his job was to act. Pretend he's someone who has never heard of misery in his life, to smile and dazzle the audience by the way he speaks. His voice was full of power and promise. To make them feel like they had traveled to a different, better world. For weeks during the Circus, I stayed there every day and every chance I could.

But one day, the circus was gone. The lights were replaced with the same dullness. The sound that was once filled with a sense of hope was dead silent.

I should have known.

The one place where I felt like I belonged.

Gone.

So, I changed everything about me. I locked away the pathetic, curious, and wondering boy. To hide it from the world because I discovered that every sweet thing life gives you, gets ripped away from your clutches. I couldn't allow that boy to get hurt anymore, because he was scared of feeling the pain. So, along with the restrained boy, I buried the feelings deep within me. I grew stronger out of spite, in spite of life itself. I wanted the world to regret putting me on earth. For everyone to regret looking or attempting to talk to me. To be scared.

But then Scarlet came into my life. She brought back the little boy who was dependent and fascinated by everything he saw. Especially when it came to her. Her genuine and pure honesty. The random stories or thoughts she would randomly blurt out in the middle of a conversation. Her beautiful, beautiful laugh. A laugh that makes me smile everytime I think of it. She became home. She was someone who made me feel accepted. After being casted away from the world and rejected, she stayed. Scarlet looked at me like I had purpose. That I meant something. Because the way her eyes told me, she loved me for my entire being, and that love would never fade.

But doesn't everything come to an end?

What if the things she once saw in me, sickened her one day?

And she leaves.

"Fuck" I whispered to myself.

I love her.