🌸The Fifth Phase🌸

"Number 50! Nice to meet you, I am the chairman of the Hunters association, Netero. So Scarlet, who interests you the most?

   "Number's:  #44(Hisoka),#405(Gon),#99(Killua),#404(Kurapika) ,#403(Leorio), and #301(Illumi).

   "Who would you avoid fighting?"

   "Children. Anyone else I'm fine with. More entertaining that way."

   "Thank you for your honest answers! That is all."

   "It was nice meeting you!" I said as I walked out the door, with full confidence for my plain answers. Remembering the snappy clown, I was too tired to deal with his teasing, I decided to meet up with my crew.

   "Hey guys!" I exclaimed, seeing my friends by the window which Gon was gazing out in thought, concentrating his simple mind on whatever he was thinking of.

   "Scarlet...how are you?" Kurapika said, turning his attention towards me.

   "Fine......? What's wrong?"

   "What's with you and Hisoka? Leorio said, practically angry that he-who-must-not-be-named left his lips.

   "It's whatever I want it to be," I said with a wink and a quick giggle.

   The airship landed, and we were shuffled off to the 5th phase. The location was a hotel owned by the Hunter Exam Selection Committees. The hotel looked like a palace, decorated in green marble and white quartz. Pillars were stretched to high ceilings, with dome shaped tops. Our feet met glassy marble floors and our eyes were enamored by the detailed building.

   "For the Final Phase, we will be holding a one-on-one tournament." The chairman said, while unveiling a chart with lines that were placed against each other, and ended at the top.

    "Only one of us will get a license?" Leroio questioned.

   "No, only one win is needed to earn a license. losers will make their way to the top" The chairman removed a slice of card board at the bottom revealing the versus. My number and picture was placed in the middle bottom, along the row of contestants. I had one chance to secure a win, and I was going to achieve it no matter who I fought against. The mystery of my future opponent was amusing, the crazy chairman liked it that way. The responsibility I had taking this exam, going against my family's wishes, to prove I'm mature enough; was greater than anyone. The management to hold up to the family name, enough to work with other people on missions fueled my motivation. My father was scared that if I busted my side of a future partnership, our image would be affected greatly. Gon and Hanzo were the first to compete.  I felt a arm slung over my shoulders, as a whisper creeped towards my ear.

   "Why'd you run away~?

    "Huh? The chairman called me, dear~" I replied back, his face inches away from mine, feeling his warm breath on my neck.

    "Sure but you were too scared to come back to the room, huh~"

   "Why would I be scared? I did nothing wrong, my call was just business anyway, dummy~" I pecked his cheek giving him a sense of reassurance.

   Hisoka held back a stifled laugh, while his arm rested on me, full aware of the jealous lookers that were scoffing and wishing to be in his place. The fight with Gon and Hanzo escalated quickly. Hanzo was fierce and knocked Gon multiple times to the ground. My annoyance grew with every word Hanzo spoke. Primarily the attack that was used on Gon was, "Bounced your brain in your own skull." But with the stubborn Gon refusing to give up, punches and slaps were also being thrown at him. My anger only boiled within me, and small black wisps surrounded me. Three hours had passed with the strong and petty Gon refusing to give up. Leroio and I were prepared to murder Hanzo for hurting our harmless friend.  Hisoka had wrapped his arms around me, to hold me back from interfering the match, and killing the opponent.  I would have ended Hanzo, burning his body for the whole world to see, if it wasn't for this annoying clown. But killing was not permitted, and if you committed the act, it was a straight disqualification; also was interfering with a one-on-one match. Ember sizzled off my body from the intense wrath that was blessed upon me. Specks of bright orange released from my aura and charred the places it landed.

   "Your hot~" Hisoka said with a playful grin, blowing off any ash that landed on him.

   "I need to cool down, or else I'll burn my clothes off," I said to Hisoka, too distracted to acknowledge anything.

   "I wouldn't want others to look at what my eyes are only meant to see~"

   Hisoka released his grip, and I bolted out of the room, to a breezy courtyard with a white marble fountain in its center. The water was bubbling and churning from the natural elements. Cherry blossom trees were all around the courtyard, pink petals floating in the air. The scent was sweet and flowery, the aroma cooling me down. Spotting a grey bench that was in front of the fountain, I sat down and held my head in my hands, day dreaming of beautiful things I experienced over the past few days. Hisoka sat next to me, removing my hands from my face and into his.

   "Beautiful...." Hisoka whispered as he studied my features. His comment was gentle and pure, with his face reciprocating. The man I saw before when he was sleeping, appeared again.