Hanahaki

Definition :

Hanahaki is a fictional disease where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love begins to vomit or cough up flower petals of the flowering plant growing in their lungs , which will eventually grow big enough to render breathing impossible and would possibly cause death.

____☆¤>》

Yuta watched with a sad smile on his face as Mark and Haechan giggled and cuddled together. Yuta had found out just a couple years ago. ...he was in love with Mark.Yes , he had a thing for winwin but this....to him this felt different. This...was....love ?

But he new that Mark would never like him back so he never told him and kept his feelings hidden, the only people knowing were his best friends; Taeyong and Johnny. The 3 of them were all the same age so they clicked pretty easily and Yuta  always went to them for anything.

Nct 127 were all gathered up on the 10th floor's dorm where they were just hanging out. Ever since they got here Mark and Haechan have been cuddling and giggling while watching something on Haechan's phone.Was Yuta jealous?  Yes . But Could he do anything about it ? Hell no.So he just sat there glimpsing at them every once in a while with the saddest smile on his face.

Johnny noticed and patted his back in a ' You okay bro? ' way and Yuta just nodded picking up his water to take a sip . Before his lips touched the glass he felt and excruciating pain in his throat and immediately had the urge to throw up.He let the  cup of water fall from his hands , the glass shattering and causing everyone to look at him , including Mark.

But he payed no attention to that, he ran to the nearest bathroom and locked the door before kneeling down in front of the toilet bowl. He opened his mouth expecting to throw up but instead pink flower petals were coughed out harshly. Yuta's eyes watered as he looked down at the flower petals in his hands,exactly knowing what this was.

Shit...

He thought. His head was spinning as he looked down at the bright pink flower petals . He remembered a old Japanese tale his grandmother had told him,  the story of how a girl who had suffered from unrequited love was met with a disease . A disease that killed her and her aching heart.A disease called

Hanahaki. ...

Yuta let his tears fall as he coughed up more flowers, his throat so sore. He looked down,  still on his knees at the pink flower petals that were surrounding him.He heard a knock on the door and immediately panicked.
" Hey Yuta it's Taeyong, are you ok ? "
Taeyong who was behind the door speaks calmly.

" Can I come in ? "

Yuta sqeaks out a small ' yes ' his throat feeling tight . Taeyong opens the door and looks at the Yuta and the flower petals surrounding him.He feels his heart break at the sight."Oh Yuta. ...is it ?" Taeyong asks kneeling infront of him. " Hanahaki " Yuta says with a worn out voice before a knew wave of flowers are coughed out.

Taeyong tries not to cry as he hugs Yuta tightly. " It's Mark isn't it ?" Taeyong hugs Yuta even tighter and Yuta just nods crying into Taeyong's shoulder . After a few minutes,  Taeyong cleans up the flowers and leads Yuta to his room. He tells Yuta to lie down and walks out to get him some water.

The other members were all looking at him asking him what happened to the other. Taeyong just shook his head,remembering what Yuta had told him." Please don't tell anyone " It rang throughout his head as everyone stared at him with a confused look.
"Yuta is not feeling to well , Johnny can you go give him this water.." Taeyong trails of and Johnny nods immediately getting  the water.

Mark walks over to Taeyong and Taeyong looks down. He really didn't want to cry infront of all his members, he had to be a good leader.But as a friend,  he was pitting Yuta.The boy was love sick, litrally.
"Taeyong hyung, what's wrong with hyung ?" Mark asks and Taeyong almost burst into tears.