XIV

Hi you guys, if you notice (I know some of you don't hahaha) I always link songs to every update. This is just my way of sharing with you guys my mood whenever I write so I hope, I really hope you listen to them. 

Every song that I link means something special to me, I'm glad I can share it even with a few people. Thank you for reading!

P.S: There were a LOT of typos during the last chapter. I even interchanged some of pronouns (him/her) and even interchangeably used Deanna and Denice tho it only happened a few times so sorry guys for the confusiooon. Mag proofread na talaga ako xx

**

May 23, 1969. The word "homophobia" was coined by George Weinberg, a psychotherapist. It was described as "a fear of homosexuals which seemed to be associated with a fear of contagion, a fear of reducing the things one fought for — home and family. It was a religious fear, and it had led to great brutality, as fear always does."

"Fear of contagion? These people, how can they- ugh" Napabuga nalang ako ng hangin dahil hindi ako makapaniwala sa nabasa. Nagpatuloy ako.

According to a study made by theguardian.com, the number of homophobic hate crimes reported to police have more than doubled in the past five years – yet only 8% result in prosecutions, figures show. Reports of homophobic abuse recorded by UK police forces soared from 5,807 in 2014-15 to 13,530 in 2018-19, according to the data. But the number of prosecutions dropped from 1,157 to 1,058 over the same period – from 20% of all reports to 8%.

It was a religious fear, and it had led to great brutality, as fear always does.

Nakatitig lang ako sa line na 'yon. 

All of a sudden, I'm reading all these data to figure out myself what Theon has just told me. I'm trying to understand it better. How people just do such heinous crimes because of the "fear" they have for the people in the LGBTQ+ community.

If you're a "straight" person who gets attracted to the opposite sex, then how does other people's sexual orientation, identity or identification affect you? Do we steal from you? Do we bother your personal life? Isn't love for everybody?

"Pia" tawag ko sa kanya na nakaupo ngayon sa frontseat katabi ni Kuya Ted. Nasa byahe kami ngayon. Nilingon n'ya ako, "Where are the other data I asked you to print out?" 

"Iniwan ko kanina sa coffee table mo, Miss Den" sagot n'ya. Nakita ko ang pagsulyap ni Kuya Ted sa rearview mirror ng sasakyan, "Ilang araw ka ng pabalik balik sa ospital, hindi pa rin po ba maayos ang lagay ng kaibigan n'yong si Jane?" 

"Still no luck, hindi pa rin s'ya nakakausap ng maayos. Pero hindi tayo doon ngayon pupunta, ha. Sa isang ospital tayo ngayon. Kay Ken. We'll go to Jane later after this one"

"Oo naman, gusto ko rin sana mabisita ang batang 'yon. Ayos lang ba kung sumama ako sa pagpasok?" tanong n'ya. "Medyo mahigpit ang security ngayon sa room n'ya, may mga nakabantay din na pulis. Babalitan ko nalang po kayo sa lagay ni Ken"