Chapter 19: (BTS Cam) Flight to L.A.

Jimin was having a wonderful day so far. He woke up to see a text from Gale reminding him to eat breakfast and telling him that she was excited to see them later at the airport. Then, when he went to the kitchen, he was greeted by his favorite food, cooked by Jin. Their trip to the airport also went by smoothly. They weren't mobbed by paparazzi or fans and were able to check in their luggage peacefully. Now, they were just waiting for their friend and for their flight to board.

"Hey, who's that with Gale?"

Jimin turned his head, wondering who his Hoseok-hyung was talking about. He saw Gale near the check-in counter of their airline, followed by a tall, handsome guy who was carrying her bags for her. Gale looked like she was trying to get her bags from him, but he was shaking his head with a playful smirk on his face. Eventually, the girl gave up and gave him a kiss on the cheek as thanks.

Suddenly, Jimin's morning wasn't so great anymore.

"That's Nam Joohyuk. He's an actor from YG." Taehyung replied, looking equally as annoyed as how Jimin was feeling.

"Why is he here?" Jin asked curiously, oblivious to the death glares the maknae line was sending the unknowing boy.

"He must have driven her here." Namjoon guessed. Yoongi, who noticed the expression on his dongsaengs' faces, immediately grew curious.

"Why would he do that?" He asked. "Is he her boyfriend?"

Jungkook's head snapped up at the mention of the word "boyfriend".

Nope. Nu-uh. No way.

"I don't know. Maybe-" Namjoon started, but then he noticed Gale walking towards them, having finished checking in her bags. Nam Joohyuk walked back to the benches, as since he wasn't a passenger, he wasn't allowed to go beyond the check-in counter. However, his eyes were still following her. "Wait, here she comes. Everyone act natural."

"Good morning!" Gale greeted as she approached them. Jungkook immediately noticed that she was wearing the necklace that he gave her, which made him smile.

"You seem happy." Jin commented.

"Of course!" She answered. "I get to spend two weeks with you guys on vacation."

Hoseok, not being able to hold his curiosity anymore, turned to the girl.

"Hey Gale-ah, who's that?"

Gale looked at who he was referring to and saw that he meant her Joohyuk-oppa, who gave her a smile as soon as their eyes met.

"Oh, that's Joohyuk-oppa. He drove me here." She explained to them. Jin and Namjoon shared a look before eyeing their maknaes, who looked like they wanted to walk over to where Joohyuk was sitting and pick a fight with him.

'What did Nam Joohyuk do to make the maknae line hate him so much?' Namjoon thought, but then laughed silently to himself, 'Aside from being a boy and being Gale's friend.'

"That's nice. He must have a lot of free time." Jungkook mumbled sarcastically, but Gale didn't notice.

"Actually, he's been pretty busy lately." She said, gloomily. "We rarely get to spend time together anymore."

"So you guys are close?" Jin asked, hoping that Gale would explain further.

"Yes?" Gale replied, a bit confused about the sudden interest in her friendship with Nam Joohyuk.

When Gale wouldn't say anything else, Yoongi grew a bit impatient.

"Is he your boyfriend?" He asked bluntly, making Namjoon facepalm at his directness.