Chapter 52: Pensive

It was already 2AM and I still couldn't sleep. I carefully lifted Jennie's arm, which was draped across my stomach, and quietly made my way to the balcony. Last night, the girls and I decided to have a sleepover in our living room. We pushed the furniture to the sides and put all of our blankets and pillows in the middle, right in front of the television. We spent the night watching movies and just hanging out until we one by one, we fell asleep- well, except for me.

I shivered a bit as the night breeze hit my skin, but I was prepared, wrapping my blanket tightly around me. I leaned over the railings, enjoying the beautiful view that was nighttime Seoul. It was late at night and it was quiet, but the city was still alive. Every so often a car would pass by, the hum of its engine adding to the soothing atmosphere.

A few minutes later, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Rosé with a cup of hot tea in her hands which she handed to me. I smiled in thanks before taking a sip. It was honey lemon tea, my favorite.

"Couldn't sleep?"

"Yeah."

Rosé also leaned against the railings. As she did, her arm touched mine and it felt cold, so I unwrapped my blanket and put it around the two of us.

"We're a foreign burrito." She giggled. I laughed at her joke, moving closer to her so that our body heat would keep the both of us warm.

We just stood there in silence for a while, watching people walk on the streets. After a few minutes, Rosé turned to me.

"Something troubling you?"

"No. Quite the opposite actually." I sighed dreamily. "Everything's so perfect that my brain doesn't want to miss a single moment by sleeping."

Rosé smiled at my answer and we resumed our quiet bonding, but I could see that something was still bothering her.

"What's on your mind?"

"Have you ever thought of what you'll do after?" She asked.

"Hm? After what?"

There was hesitation in her eyes. I could tell she really wanted to tell me whatever was bothering her, but she shook her head and forced a smile.

"No, it's stupid. Forget about it."

I gave her a pressing look, not letting the topic go. Eventually, she caved in.

"When we disband." She whispered. "I know that we've only just started, but the time will eventually come, right?"

"That's still a long way ahead Chaeng." I comforted, putting my arm around her waist. She turned to meet my gaze, and I saw the fear and uncertainty in her eyes.

"It's just that you and Jimin-oppa are really serious. What if you decide that you want to settle down sooner rather than later and decide to leave us? Of course the girls and I will be happy for you and will support you whatever happens, but we won't be BLACKPINK anymore. We won't see each other as much." She said worriedly. "What if we only see each other once a month? Or once a year? Or maybe never again? What if we drift apart?"

Rosé lifted her hand to wipe her tears, and the sight made my heart ache. I didn't know that she was having thoughts like that.

"It's so scary to think about that." She continued. "What will I do without the four of you?"

I wrapped both of my arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"That will never happen. We'll always be BLACKPINK and we'll always be sisters." I assured her. "And trust me, I will never be too busy for you- any of you. Jimin-oppa and I won't settle down for a long time. We're still too young and we have things we need and want to do, so don't worry, okay?"