Chapter 50: The Truth

"Gale-ah, I'm very disappointed in you." Yang-sajangnim said. I kept my head bowed down in shame as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I'm sorry sajangnim." I apologized. I've been saying it so much in the past hour that my voice was beginning to disappear.

When I woke up that morning, I had no idea about the trouble that I was in. I went about my morning routine as I normally did and was about to go to the practice room when our manager arrived at our dorm, his face grim as he told me and the girls that Yang-sajangnim wanted to talk to us. We entered our boss' office cautiously. There was tension in the air as we walked in. We stopped directly in front of his desk and bowed.

"Good morning boss." We greeted in unison. Yang-sajangnim looked up from his laptop and as his gaze landed on me, I could already tell that something bad has happened.

He turned his laptop around and showed a picture of me and Jimin-oppa kissing at the Gocheok Sky Dome gardens, taken last night after the Melon Music Awards.

He then handed me his iPad which I took with shaky hands. He watched me silently as I went through the tabs that were open on his internet browser.

[BREAKING NEWS] BLACKPINK Gale Cheating on Boyfriend Nam Joohyuk With BTS Park Jimin

[BREAKING NEWS] Nam Joohyuk vs Park Jimin, Competing for Gale's Heart

[BREAKING NEWS] Another Dating Scandal for BLACKPINK Gale

I put the iPad back on his desk, crying as I realized the mess that I had caused. From either side of me, Jisoo-eonni rubbed my back comfortingly while Lisa held my hand.

"Did you know about this?" Yang-sajangnim asked our manager.

"Yes sir." He replied, his voice quiet. Yang-sajangnim then turned to my bandmates.

"Did you girls know about this?"

They all nodded. I glanced up from the floor to see Yang-sajangnim's face still devoid of any emotion.

"How long has this been going on?" He asked.

"I-It's not. Not anymore." I answered. "We dated for three months last year, but we broke up last December."

"If you broke up, then what's this?" He pointed back to his laptop screen. "Are you back together?"

"No sir."

"Then explain this photo."

"We were just talking, a-and we got carried away-" I stumbled over my words. I knew that I couldn't justify breaking the rules, so I just decided to be honest. "I'm sorry boss, I love him."

Yang-sajangnim's eyes softened, a sad smile appearing on his face.

"You know that the rules are there to protect you." He told me. I nodded in understanding. "You know how possessive fans could get. Even your sunbaes have to be careful when they're dating."

"What's going to happen now?" I asked fearfully.

"I have a meeting with the board of directors later. We're going to discuss our course of action."

Jennie gasped while Lisa squeezed my hand. All of us knew what that meant.

"Am I-" My breath hitched in my throat. "Am I going to be removed from BLACKPINK?"

"I don't know." He answered truthfully. "If it were up to me, you wouldn't, but you have violated one of the terms of your contract. It will come down to a vote later."

Yang-sajangnim dismissed us, asking our manager to stay behind. I broke down into Jennie's arms as soon as we were out of his office. The girls all stood around me, trying their best to comfort me, but I knew I screwed up.