Chapter 56: Promise

A few years later

"Good luck jagi." I said. Jimin pulled me closer to him, leaning down and capturing my lips with his.

"Yah! There's no time for that now. We have to go! We have a concert to do!" Hoseok-oppa groaned, pulling my boyfriend away from me. I laughed as Jimin was dragged towards the door.

"Jagi, saranghae!" He shouted dramatically, making me laugh harder.

"Nado saranghae!" I called after him. From the hallway I could hear Yoongi-oppa muttering, complaining about us "lovesick kids".

I picked up my phone, which I had been charging and had left on the couch, and saw that I already had four messages from Jennie.

Jennini Panini: Galieee we're here by the entrance~~ Where are you?

Jennini Panini: Are you backstage? Should we just go in?

Jennini Panini: You're with Jimin-oppa, aren't you?

Jennini Panini: Yah, Cheon Gaeil! You can make out with your boyfriend later! Meet me now .

I chuckled as I unplugged my phone and walked out of BTS' dressing room, closing the door behind me. I made my way through the chaotic backstage hallways and to the back entrance, where my girls were waiting for me. I waved at them, and they all waved back except for Jennie, who just pouted, her cheeks puffing up. She looked up when she saw me, crossing her arms across her chest as I walked up to them. Before I could even say a word, she turned to me.

"I'm mad at you." She huffed. I cooed at her cuteness, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Aw baby, I'm sorry~"

She tried to keep her pouty face but failed, bursting into giggles.

"How can I stay mad at you?"

The five of us laughed at how easily she forgave me.

"Come on, let's go in." I said, motioning for them to follow me as I went back inside the venue. We made our way through the backstage to a door that opened up to the main area. We got to our seats just as the lights were beginning to dim. BTS' introduction video began playing, showing videos of them from different eras of their music. The throwback made my mind think of everything that had happened in the past few years.

My parents have reconciled and had just recently celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. My dad retired a few years earlier and he and my mom moved to Seoul to be closer to me. They opened a dance academy in Gangnam, where my mom now taught as one of the ballet teachers.

BLACKPINK was still going strong. We were still with YG Entertainment and we just had our comeback two months ago, which topped charts and got an all-kill. We had just finished promoting our single and were now on break, which was how we had the time to attend BTS' concert. Jisoo-eonni had gone into acting and emceeing, Jennie had her own fashion line. Rosé had gone into songwriting, and Lisa was now also a choreographer. Similar to Rosé, I had also gone into producing and songwriting, having written several hits for other idol and idol groups.

The girls and I moved out of our dorm some time ago, deciding that it was time for us to become independent, although things didn't really change that much since we all moved into the same neighborhood. We still saw each other every day both at work and just to hang out, and we were still as close as ever.

Speaking of which, Jimin and I were now living together, which meant that we saw each other more often. Even if we don't see each other the entire day during our busy schedules, at least we still slept on the same bed, and even if it was just Jimin's sleeping face greeting me in the morning, or feeling his arms snake around my waist in the middle of the night, it was good enough for me. There was no doubt in my mind now that he was the one for me, not that there ever was any.