Chapter 20: Butterfly

Life is so unfair.

We arrived in the US yesterday afternoon, and since then Tae-oppa had gotten better. It was finally the day of the Billboard Music Awards- a historical day for the world of K-Pop, and a very special day for some of the most important people in my life.

But here I was, stuck in bed with a fever.

I must have caught whatever it was that Tae-oppa had because now my nose was clogged and runny at the same time, my voice was hoarse, and I felt lightheaded every time I try to stand. I was disappointed because I wanted to support my boys in person, but now I had to be content with watching them from the live broadcast on TV from my hotel room.

"Gale-ah?" Jin-oppa called as he knocked on my door, although he didn't have to because I gave him my other room keycard.

"Come in." I managed to croak out.

The door opened and in came my seven favorite boys, all dressed up and ready, looking like handsome princes. Jungkook was carrying a gigantic pink stuffed bunny which he set down next to me on my bed.

"I got it for you noona, to keep you company while we're gone." He told me. I picked the bunny up and put it on my lap.

"Thank you so much Kookie. It looks just like you." I giggled jokingly as I hugged the toy. Jungkook grinned, showing his bunny teeth.

"We'll be back as soon as the ceremony's over, okay?" Jin-oppa said as he checked my temperature by putting his hand on my forehead, taking it away after a few seconds. "We already ordered you breakfast so room service should be here in a few minutes."

After making sure that I was okay and as comfortable as possible, the hyungs made their way to the lobby, followed by Jungkook. Tae-oppa went back to the room he shared with Yoongi-oppa because he said that he forgot something, leaving me and Jimin-oppa alone.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" He asked as he sat next to me on my bed. "I could stay behind and-"

"Don't even complete that sentence." I cut him off, giving him a stern look. He sighed, intertwining his fingers with mine.

"I just feel bad leaving you alone here. We promised that we'll take care of you."

"I'm a big girl. I can handle myself." I replied. He opened his mouth, about to say something, but I already knew that he was going to protest, so I beat him to it. I already heard the we-have-to-take-care-of-you speech last night when I didn't let any of them in my room so that they wouldn't accidentally catch the virus, insisting that I could take care of myself. It resulted in me finally opening the door after Yoongi-oppa threatened to kick it down.

"But if you want, you can take care of me after you win that award, okay?" I smiled. He nodded, leaning over to kiss my forehead. I closed my eyes as his lips touched my skin.

You missed, oppa. My lips are down here.

"You know, you should stay as far away from me as possible unless you want to catch whatever it is I have and be stuck here with me." I told him as he pulled away.

"That doesn't seem like a bad deal." He smirked. I raised my eyebrow at him. "I mean, I get you all to myself."

I grabbed one of my pillows and threw it at him, making him laugh. If he kept on saying things like that I swear to God I was gonna-

"Cheonsa," Tae-oppa called, appearing in the doorway. "Here."

He walked towards me and handed me a black piece of clothing that was neatly folded. A huge smile broke out on my face when I realized what it was.