Chapter 31: A Fairytale

"Eonni, our makeup team is here." Rosé called from the other side of my door.

"Thanks Chaeng, I'll be out in a minute."

I got up from my bed and walked towards the vanity. I quickly brushed my hair- although it didn't really matter since our makeup team was going to style it anyway, but I wanted to delay having to go out. Not too much though, it would be impolite to make our team wait especially since they traveled all the way to The Palace, where we were currently checked in.

It's okay Gale, you got this. Just take a deep breath.

I put my hairbrush down, grabbed my gown from the closet, and made my way out of my room and into our suite's living room where my members, as well as our makeup team, were currently setting up. The girls were busy showing our stylists their gowns so they would know how to style us, which was a good thing since it prevented them from noticing that I was a bit distracted.

The stylist who was in charge of me called me over, asking me to show her my gown. I walked up to her and wordlessly showed her what I was going to wear. She started to throw around some ideas on how to do my hair and makeup, and I just smiled, telling her that I trusted her.

I didn't mean to be rude, but there was a lot on my mind.

She began working on my face, clipping my hair back, and I let my thoughts consume me again.

Oh my gosh, I'll see my parents again.

What will they think of me now?

What will they say?

What will I even say to them?

I could feel the tears pricking my eyes, so I blinked rapidly, trying to keep any from falling.

Don't cry. They'll worry.

"Okay, look up." My stylist said, holding a nude colored eyeliner. I did as I was told, but a tear escaped, running down my cheek.

"Hey, what's wrong? Your eyes don't usually tear up." She asked, getting the attention of my members.

"I'm sorry, could you leave us alone for a few minutes?" I told her. She looked at the other stylists then nodded, all of them silently going out of the room. As soon as the door closed behind them, my members rushed to me.

"Gale-ah..." Jisoo-eonni started, rubbing my back. At this point I couldn't contain it anymore, and I just burst out crying.

"I can't do it. I can't face them." I sobbed, freaking out. "I thought I could, but I can't."

"You don't have to, okay?" Jennie soothed. "We'll all stay here."

"We can't!" I argued. "We've already said we'll go."

The girls just let me cry for a while to get it all out of my system. After a few minutes, when I had composed myself, Lisa handed me a box of tissues. I thanked her, grabbing a few and dabbing the tears away.

"I gave everyone my word. Yang-sajangnim, our team, our BLINKs- they're all counting on me." I insisted.

"You don't always to be strong eonni." Rosé said. "It's gonna be okay."

I looked at my members and could see nothing but love and understanding, which made me more frustrated. Here I was, making a big deal out of things, and it was negatively affecting them.

"I'm sorry, I need to get out of here." I muttered. I stood up from my chair and made my way to the door. I grabbed the doorknob, turned it, and was about to go out when Jennie's voice stopped me.