Chapter 45: (BTS Cam) Moving On

2017.11.16 - Four days after the breakup

"Where are you going?" Namjoon asked Jungkook. The maknae looked at Jimin, his eyes filled with anger and disappointment.

"To noona. She needs me right now."

Jungkook walked out of their dressing room. He didn't care that BTS' managers will get mad at him for disappearing. He knew that Gale needed him, and that was all that mattered. He sneaked out of the venue and hailed a cab, offering to pay the driver double the fare if he made it to BLACKPINK's dorm in half the time.

He got out of the car before it even made a full stop and hurriedly went through the building's security before running to the elevator. When he got off, he quickly made his way to BLACKPINK's door and knocked. He heard the sound of the knob unlocking and came face to face with Lisa.

"Jungkook-ah?" She asked, surprised when she saw him there.

"Hello." Jungkook bowed slightly. Lisa looked at something behind her which Jungkook couldn't see before turning back to him.

"Um, now's not really a good time." She said apologetically.

"I just found out about what happened." He told her. "Please, I need to see noona."

A conflicted look appeared on Lisa's face. She again turned around, looking at something before finally letting Jungkook inside. As he took off his shoes, he saw Jisoo sitting on the couch, watching TV. He realized that she was who Lisa was looking at behind the door, probably asking her eonni if she should have let him in or not. Jisoo briefly nodded to him in acknowledgment before turning her blank gaze back to the screen.

'She must be tired.' Jungkook thought, then he glanced at Lisa, noticing that she had the same expression on her face. 'All of them are.'

Lisa led him through the hallway and to Gale's door. She knocked three times before turning the knob and peeking her head inside.

"Eonni, you have a visitor." She gently said, then she opened the door wider for Jungkook. The boy thanked her before entering the room and closing the door behind him.

If Jungkook didn't know any better, he wouldn't have thought that anything was wrong when he saw Gale. She was sitting on her bed, reading a book. She was dressed nicely, and her hair was properly styled. She looked up and smiled at him as he went closer and sat beside her.

But he could see that her eyes were slightly red and puffy and that she was wearing concealer to hide her dark circles. The redness of her nose and cheeks were also peeking through her makeup.

And her smile, it wasn't as bright as it should be.

"Hi Kookie." She greeted. "How are you?"

"I should be the asking you that."

A flash of sadness appeared in Gale's eyes, but it was quickly gone, replaced by a smile.

"I'll survive." She said.

"Noona..." He trailed off, not knowing what to say. Gale leaned her head on his shoulder, the scent of her shampoo drifting to Jungkook's nose. He closed his eyes, wishing that they were like that under different circumstances.

He should be happy that Jimin and Gale broke up, right? But he wasn't, at least, not completely.

There was a part of him that was glad because now, there was a chance for him to be with her, but a bigger part of him just wanted her to be happy, and he already knew that he couldn't make her as happy as Jimin could.

"As much as I appreciate you being here, you should be with him." She told him. "He's your hyung."

"I don't agree with his decision." Jungkook muttered. "I don't think it's right that he broke up with you."