Chapter 3

Clarke couldn't sleep last night as she had too many thoughts running through her mind to get any actual sleep.

She tossed and turned for hours and finally gave up on sleeping. She got up and headed out. She found herself on the beach way earlier than usual.

By the time her usual time came, she had already completed her morning run and surf routine.

She was sitting on the beach staring off into the horizon thinking. She was trying not to think about a certain someone. It wasn't working at all. The brunette with the forest green eyes captivated her and she'd only just met her officially.

She didn't even know the girl, but she wanted too. She wanted to know everything about her. She seemed so shy and quiet, but Clarke could tell there was more to her than meets the eye. Normally she would still be out surfing, but found herself waiting on the beach and hoping that Lexa would show.

She finally did, but Clarke didn't see her at first. She felt her, it was just a feeling she got in her chest when she knew Lexa was there. She looked up to see Lexa walking towards her in her running attire. She saw headphones dangling around her neck.

When she got closer, Clarke could see the sweat dripping off her and licked her lips. Apparently she wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep. It brought a huge smile to her face thinking she might be the cause of her sleepless night. It sent a shiver down her spine as well.

When Lexa noticed her, Clarke watched her eyes widen and a beautiful smile spread across her face. She even saw a hint of a blush she thought. Clarke waved when Lexa was close enough to see her.

"You actually showed?" Clarke teased. Lexa figured she deserved that one.

"Yeah, well," Lexa waved off, looking out towards the ocean. The sun was just coming up casting the perfect lighting around them. "The view is nice and the company isn't all that bad."

Clarke gave her a soft smile in return.

"You could come join me." Clarke said, softly patting the sand next to her.

Lexa nodded. She slowly crouched down, sitting next to the blonde. Lexa's heart was pounding in her chest at being so close to her. Her eyes were even more blue up close.

"Do you have any classes today?" Clarke asked curiously.

"Yeah. I have one late morning and one in early afternoon. I usually like to take my runs before class. You?" Lexa asked.

"I like to go surfing before my day starts. It helps put me at ease. I have two morning classes." Clarke answered.

Lexa played with the sand beside her. She was nervous and had no idea how to talk to Clarke. She ran her hands over and over again through the sand.

"The sunrise is so pretty. I spend countless mornings just coming out here to watch it before or during my surf." Clarke said. Lexa smiled because she was trying to keep the conversation going.

"It's something, isn't it? My friends don't get it, especially my friends on the team." Lexa smiled.

"The new season is starting up in the fall right?" Clarke asked.

"Yes," Lexa hissed out. "And I can't wait." She said with a smile.

"What else do you do beside play football?" Clarke asked.

"I read, hike, hang out with my friends." Lexa replied. "What about you?"

Clarke smiled. "I paint or draw, read and hang out with my two best friends. They're a handful, but I love them."