Chapter 10

Lexa caught Clarke as she vaulted into her arms and stumbled a bit before regaining her balance, but was thrilled at the reception she received. She kissed back with force, swiping her tongue across Clarke's bottom lip. Finally tasting Clarke again, she let out a throaty moan. They kissed for a few minutes, and Lexa wanted more. She hadn't realised just how much she'd missed the smell of Clarke's skin. It was a unique mix of the sea and something sweet.

Finally coming back to her senses, Lexa leaned back, kissing her chastely and Clarke unwound her legs from her waist. Lexa sighed and was grateful she was wearing baggy sweatpants. She leaned in and kissed Clarke on the forehead, inhaling her scent that she'd missed.

"Happy birthday, Lex! Welcome back!" Clarke whipped around suddenly, looking all around.

"Thank you, I appreciate it. What are you looking for?" Lexa asked spotting a poster laying on the ground. She went to pick it up when it was tugged out of her hand.

"Ah you found it, thanks," Clarke turned around to show her and Lexa laughed. It was rainbow colored and said "Happy Birthday, Lexi. Welcome Home!" Lexa loved it and thought it was the sweetest thing. "It's just something I whipped up this morning, but this isn't your present."

"You didn't have to get me anything, Clarke. Just spending the day with you is enough," Lexa blushed when the words came out, not meaning to say them, but it didn't make them any less true. She just hoped she didn't freak Clarke out. Looking at her, Lexa noticed a soft look flit across her face, but it was quickly replaced with a smirk.

"I know I didn't," Clarke trailed a hand down her arm and linked their hands together before leaning up and gently biting her ear. "But I promise you'll like it."

Lexa felt heat surge through her entire body and she wished they were somewhere private so they could make good on Clarke's promise.

"Is that so? Well how about we get out of her and find out if you're right."

"I like the sound of that, but there's something else we need to take care."

"What's more important than you, me, naked and in bed. That sounds like a perfect way to spend my birthday," Lexa spoke lowly hoping to get a rise out of Clarke. She almost smiled when Clarke was scanning her up and down, her gaze lingering on her crotch and licking her lips. "What do you say?"

"Fuck, Lex. I have a plan for today," Clarke snapped out of her flustered state. "A plan that you're not going to get me to change. No matter how hot you are," Clarke kissed her cheek, lips pressed longer than normal and it made Lexa's heart beat faster. "Ready to go?"

"Yes," Lexa looked at her and pouted slightly. "I'm hungry though."

"I promise to feed you," Clarke picked up Lexa's backpack with one hand while keeping  tight grip on Lexa's hand with the other.

"Feed me or feed me," Lexa replied, gaze locked on Clarke's breasts.

"Keep it in your pants....for now," Clarke husked.

Lexa picked up her other bag, swinging it over her shoulder. She loved that Clarke picked her up, it made her feel special and that was a rare thing for her to feel. Anya tried in her own way, but it didn't make her feel like this. Clarke made her feel so many things; it was overwhelming to feel so much.

"I can get that too, Clarke."

"Nope, it's your birthday, I got it," Clarke smiled wide and squeezed her hand.

Lexa huffed, but was secretly pleased she was trying so hard to make her birthday special.

"That's sweet of you, thank you," Lexa said sincerely as they made their way to Clarke's car. "Wait, what about my jeep?"