Chapter 27

The afternoon flew by as they spent the next few hours exploring Anchorage and what it had to offer. Nyko acted as their chauffeur when they got too cold, but otherwise they walked, wrapped in their thick winter coats, scarfs, beanies and gloves. Lexa had to make sure they were prepared and didn't want either of them to get sick.

"That was amazing!" Clarke laughed in excitement as Lexa carried her piggyback out of the doors of the multi storied building behind them. The icy wind ripped through the parking lot and Lexa made sure to hold onto Clarke's legs a little tighter to be sure she wouldn't fall.

Ahead, Nyko waited for them patiently leaning against the car. She'd asked him to come inside with them, but he'd politely declined and informed them he'd seen it plenty of times. Lexa smiled, knowing he was also trying to give them some alone time. She would have to thank him somehow, later.

She glanced back at the Anchorage Museum they'd just left and was happy they went because Clarke really seemed to enjoy it when Clarke spoke up, "there was so much history in there, it was so interesting."

Lexa laughed and continued through the parking lot, "I know, right? Who would have known there was so much to do here?"

Clarke giggled again and hugged her tighter. She leaned in, her blonde hair falling over Lexa's shoulder as Clarke kissed her face, "you know...maybe we should get a house here someday? So we can see it everything and don't have to rush."

Lexa's pace stuttered just a step as she thought of a house in Alaska, with Clarke. She was smiling before she knew it because it meant Clarke was planning a future with her. They had talked about it before, she knew, but it still made her get butterflies in her stomach every time. This just happened to be the first time since everything had happened and knowing Clarke still pictured spending the rest of her life with her made happiness bloom in her chest.

"You can put me down, babe," Clarke said next, kicking her legs a little, the boot hitting Lexa softly, "I can walk."

"And I can carry you." Lexa argued playfully back.

"But you have been for the last half hour." Clarke countered, combing her fingers through Lexa's hair she kissed the side of her ear.

Lexa started nodding in agreement and shivered from Clarke's kiss on her ear, "I play football, remember? Besides, I...." she was going to say something else, but stopped when Clarke raked her fingers through her hair underneath her beanie. Every touch of Clarke's lips continued to send shivers down her spine.

"Babe?"

"Hmm?" Lexa kept walking, dreaming about walking down this same road with their children between them, on the way back to their house in the mountains. She smiled just imagining a daughter with her brown hair and Clarke's blue eyes or a son with Clarke's blonde hair and her green eyes.

Either way, it would be perfect.

"Babe??" Clarke laughed.

"What?"

"You missed the car."

"Huh?" Lexa pulled to a stop and blinked a few times, realising Clarke was right. She sheepishly smiled because while she'd been daydreaming, she'd completely missed the car. She turned around to find Nyko hurrying after them and hailing them down, "fuck." Lexa turned crimson and kicked the ground with her boot.

"Nerd," Clarke wiggled to get down and Lexa released her legs before she bent down and lowered her down gently.

"You know it," Lexa grinned when Nyko shook his head. He opened the door for them to climb in. She let Clarke go first before she turned to Nyko, "Mall, please."