Chapter 4

Lexa ran faster than ever before. After hanging out with the blonde, she was eager to be back in her presence. She smiled when she caught sight of her blonde hair. Lexa slowed down her ran, letting her lungs take a breather. The blonde swam to shore upon seeing her.

"Hey, Clarke." Lexa greeted happily once she was within hearing distance.

"Well, what a nice surprise." Clarke smirked, setting her surfboard down beside her.

Lexa couldn't help but feel giddy inside. Words couldn't describe how relaxed she felt just being in the blonde's company.

"Yeah, well, I don't know if you know this, but I do run from time to time." Lexa teased.

"And I'm glad you do, it's really nice seeing you again." Clarke flirted.

Lexa glanced down at her surfboard, and was completely fascinated by the design. It was of rippling crisp blue water with a bird flying over head. It was a very peaceful image.

"That's a cool design." Lexa commented. Clarke smiled softly at her as they both wordlessly sat down with each other.

"It was a picture my dad took one day, and it was so beautiful, it became my favorite. He got it designed on a surfboard and then gave it to me as a surprise." Clarke explained.

"He's sounds like a pretty cool dad." Lexa smirked.

"He was." Clarke said, darkness underlying her tone. Lexa frowned because she hadn't missed the past tense.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Lexa said.

"It's okay. It still hurts, but surfing truly helps get me through it. He always supported me wanting to surf while my mom doesn't at all."

"That has to suck." Lexa said.

"It's alright. Anyways, how have you been?" Clarke said, trying to steer the conversation in a different direction. She felt like she could talk about anything with Lexa, but didn't want to open that can of worms right now. It hurt too much.

"I'm pretty good. You?" Lexa asked.

"I'm great." Clarke replied.

"I'm sorry I'm interrupting your surf." Lexa turned her body, so she was facing Clarke.

"I'm sorry I'm interrupting your morning run."

"I don't care all that much. I'll try again tomorrow morning." Lexa shrugged like it was no big deal. It was a big deal actually. Ever since she'd discovered Clarke surfing that day, her morning run routine had severely changed. She knew the season was starting up again and she needed to stay in shape, but found herself wanting to hang around the blonde as much as she could.

"And I could try surfing again tomorrow morning."

"I've never surfed a day in my life. Anya surfs every now and again, but I never could the hang of it. I'm not good at all." Lexa grimaced.

"I could always teach you one day." Clarke offered with a smile.

"We would need a lot more time than this. Probably on the weekend or something." Lexa was joking somewhat, but was also serious too. What if they were to hang out on the weekends? She would love that.

"I don't think I'd mind that. I've been told I'm a pretty good teacher." Clarke flirted.

"Well, I've been told that I'm a very good student." Lexa smiled slyly at her.

"It's so beautiful out here." Clarke said after a moment.

Lexa noticed Clarke was watching the waves roll into shore, but Lexa was staring at her instead.