Chapter 17

The text message bothered Lexa more than she wanted to admit. She kept it to herself after she saw it, not wanting to worry Clarke. They were in a really good place, and the last thing she wanted to do was stress her girlfriend out with her competition this weekend. She wanted to make everything go as smoothly as possible for her.

She knew how much this meant to Clarke. It was everything. It was like what football was to her and she refused to be the one to spoil it for her or to let a text spoil it for her, or the person -whoever it was- that had sent it spoil it for her. She would tell her after this weekend. Lexa pulled her phone out of her pocket slowly and checked the message again like she had been doing the past few days.

It was only three words.

But it creeped her out.

I see you.

Lexa hoped that didn't mean what she thought it did, but she wasn't going to let it taint their night. It was the best night of her entire life and some stalker wasn't going to ruin it for them. Staring down at it she debated deleting the message. Her fingertip was caught at a hover over the screen to just do it. But finally decided against it. It could be used later to prove to the police if it came to that.

Lexa threw down her phone in frustration and rubbed her hands over her face. It had been a few days since the beach and she had felt on top of the world, but with the text looming over her head; it was hard to be completely happy. She chose to try and ignore it for now and focus on her upcoming game and her girlfriend's competition.

Speaking of Clarke, she would be at the beach right now. Forgetting the text for now Lexa smiled at the thought of her girl and her soft kisses.. She had been half asleep when Clarke had brushed her lips across her cheek early, early this morning. Lexa knew how much this meant to her and Clarke was getting in as much training as she could between classes and work. Plus, Clarke was making sure to make time for them, which put a bright smile on her face.

Lexa didn't have a class until later the least she could do was surprise her because it had been far too long since she had been able to. It was barely past seven am and Lexa knew Clarke would be out on the water, trying to perfect everything.

To Lexa, she was already perfect.

There was nothing more she needed to do, but she knew how stubborn and competitive her girlfriend was so she kept her mouth shut and supported her.

Clarke's smile made it worth it.

Lexa threw on some clothes and raced out of her apartment. She arrived at the beach ten minutes later after a brisk jog to find the love of her life right where she predicted. Like the very first time, Lexa stood there mesmerized by the beauty and grace, Clarke possessed out on the water.

Lexa's knees buckled slightly and she plopped down in the sand and felt it go up her shorts. She huffed in frustration, but it soon turned in a sigh when she saw Clarke complete the trick she'd been having problems with.

She almost clapped, but held back not wanting to interrupt her.

Transfixed, Lexa waited on the warm sand and stared at the sun still rising from behind Clarke. Lexa looked at their spot and a huge smile spread across her face. When she planned their first date, Lexa had no intention of telling her she loved her, but it slipped out. Lexa didn't regret it, but she had a whole plan on telling her after her competition so if she won or not, Lexa wanted to Clarke to know she'd always have her.

It happened better than she could have imagined. Clarke loved her too.

So lost in thoughts, Lexa didn't notice Clarke had spotted her and made her way towards her until a shadow fell across her face. She looked up and there was Clarke in all her wet, beautiful glory looking at her with eyes so full of love.