Chapter 5

She just finished ringing up a student's books and Lexa was drumming her hands along the front desk, waiting for Clarke to arrive.

She had some books she needed to stack, but wanted to wait until Clarke got here.

Lexa's ears perked up when she heard the door to the library creaking open. She already knew it was Clarke, she had a feeling, but glanced up anyways.

Clarke was wearing shorts, an old band t-shirt, flip flops and aviator sunglasses that were pushing her hair back. She looked gorgeous.

Lexa flashed her a tiny smile before waving. Clarke waved back and returned the smile. She walked over to Lexa quietly.

"Hey." Clarke whispered. Lexa smiled at the sound of her voice.

"Hey."

"I'll go sit over there until you get off." Clarke motioned to the back of the library.

"I'll come with you," Lexa said eagerly, before clearing her throat. "I have some books to stack."

"Sure." Clarke drawled out with a smirk, but allowed Lexa to fall in step with her.

"How've you been?" Lexa asked quietly, earning glares from a nearby table. She ignored the glares and continued walking alongside Clarke.

"Pretty good. Tired. You?" Clarke asked, sitting down at the table.

Lexa got to work stacking the books in alphabetical order before answering.

"I've been good. I can't wait to actually hang out with you later. My shift is almost over." Lexa whispered. Clarke nodded in understand, and got her books out of her bag. She opened her books as Lexa went to work stacking the books.

"I'm happy to wait."

Lexa stacked the books as quickly as she could. She knew it wouldn't make her shift go by any faster, but wanted to give Clarke her undivided attention.

That didn't happen.

A couple minutes into her stacking books, and stealing glances at Clarke, a student came up to her asking where the history section was. Lexa gave Clarke an apologetic look before walking away to show the student.

Lexa came back a couple minutes later, preparing to ask Clarke what she wanted to eat later, when another student came up to her.

Lexa tried her best to hide her annoyance as she went to ring up the student's books.

"I'm sorry about all that." Lexa said. She had finally clocked out. They were on their way back to her apartment and Lexa was ecstatic that she was going to spend some alone time with Clarke.

"It's totally fine. I know it's your job. Now that you're off, we can hang out all night," Clarke said, before correcting herself. "I mean we can hang out for a few hours."

"Sure." Lexa drawled out.

"Don't tease."

"You teased me back there."

"It's hard to resist. You're too cute to resist."

"Oh, wow," Lexa frowned. "That's what you say to a little kid or something."

"Okay, fine," Clarke huffed playfully. "How about sexy?"

Lexa swallowed hard and almost stumbled over her feet.

"That's better!" Lexa squeaked.

Clarke chuckled warmly before locking her hand around Lexa's bicep.

"I thought so." Clarke purred in her ear.

Lexa just told herself to keep it together for the rest of the walk before dying of blushing too much.