Chapter 12

The next morning, Lexa drove them over to Clarke's house to pack. The sky was already dark and gloomy and looked like it was going to break any minute. So much for it hitting later, thought Lexa when she glanced at the threatening sky. What a crock of shit.

She really wanted them to be back at her apartment safe sound before all hell broke loose, but unfortunately looked like the weather man was incorrect on his prediction. The last thing Lexa wanted to do was drive in this, so she picked up speed and they arrived quicker than anticipated. Luckily, Anya had gone to the store for provisions while Lexa took care of Clarke and Raven.

"We need to hurry, the storm looks like it's going to start any minute," Lexa said as she parked.

"You're right, we do. I just hope Raven is ready to go because it won't take me long to throw some things in a bag," Clarke replied as they rushed into the house.

The first thing they saw was Raven standing in front of them, her hands on her hips playfully glaring at them. At her feet were two bags already packed and another few bags scattered around her.

"Raven, what the fuck?! Why are you standing in the dark in the middle of the hallway like a creeper," Clarke exclaimed after she had to halt in her tracks. Lexa thought it was sexy when Clarke was worked up, but she was also curious to hear Raven's answer.

"I'm waiting for you two dumbasses, obviously. I already packed and here I am waiting for you with a massive storm about to hit and you two are late!"

"Give it a rest, Rae, we're only a few minutes late."

"A few minutes late in the midst of this weather is a lifetime, Griff. And Lexa, I expected you to be on time at least," Raven stared pointedly at her and Lexa shrunk a little under her gaze. If Lexa was honest, Raven scared her just a little bit. With her tendency to blow stuff up, she thought it was understandable. Plus she's heard countless stories from Clarke that didn't help either.

"I'm sorry Raven, but as you can imagine..." Lexa felt an elbow to her stomach and turned to glare at Clarke. "What was that for?"

"Don't apologize to her, she's doing it on purpose. It's what she does. She loves getting a rise out of people," Clarke continued to stare at her best friend while Lexa looked back and forth confused.

"No wonder Anya likes her," Lexa muttered under her breath. She knew Clarke heard because she started laughing uncontrollably while Raven ignored them and picked up one of the bags, flinging it at Clarke. Lexa snatched it out of the air in order to avoid it smacking Clarke in the face.

"Watch it, Reyes," Lexa growled.

"Ohhh, is the Commander coming out to play?" Raven teased, completely unaware of exactly what she was provoking, but a hand on her arm snapped Lexa out of it.

"Relax, please," Clarke leaned up to kiss her and Lexa felt the anger slip away just with the touch of Clarke's lips.

"Oh ugh, is this what I'm going to have to put up with for the next few days. You two are gross and to think you're just fuck buddies!"

Both their faces paled and they pulled back abruptly avoiding eye contact.

"You're one to talk, Rae. I've seen the way you look at Anya, so who's to say it will only us that's gross."

"Fuck you, Griffin," Lexa was pleased to see that Raven's face had turned beet red at Clarke's observation.

Deciding to intervene before it became even more of a pissing match, Lexa took a few of the bags and headed towards the door. "Get a move on it, I don't want to be caught in this storm," It seemed they heeded her advice as Lexa heard shuffling behind her.