Epilogue

It was a beautiful sunny day in July, and Clarke soaked it all up as she stood in the shallow water of the ocean with her face tilted up and the sun beating down on her. She'd been to many different bodies of water over the last decade, but this one always topped anywhere else. This was the place she'd always come back to no matter what.

It was home.

Being a professional surfer meant she traveled all over the world, and competed in all kinds of places, but she made sure to take time off to spend with Lexa. Lexa became the first woman ever to be drafted into the NFL and to become a starting quarterback. She got drafted right of college and played for the Los Angeles's Rams.

Both of their dreams had come true, and Clarke couldn't be prouder.

"Mommy, catch me," A little voice laughed when she fell off her surfboard. Clarke caught her daughter around the waist and held her close. She kissed the top of her brunette curls and smiled.

"Madi, you need to be careful," She adjusted her daughter on her hip and snagged the surfboard before it could float away.

"Sorry, mommy," Madi smiled and Clarke's heart melted. It was hard for it not to when Madi was the spitting image of Lexa with her green eyes and chestnut hair, "Can I try again, please...please...please?!"

"Yes, honey," Clarke brought them back out farther and held Madi back onto the board, "Remember what I taught you?" She asked Madi who nodded enthusiastically Clarke smiled because Madi soaked up everything like a sponge and never gave up no matter how many times she fell, she always got back up again. Just like Lexa.

Unlike her twin brother.

Her gaze darted toward the beach where Lexa and their son, Aden, were playing catch. Well, sort of because Aden missed more often than not, but Lexa was extremely patient with their shy, reserved son. Her wife amazed her more and more each day. She saw Max running back and forth across the beach trying to catch the ball. She could hear their laughter carry across the beach and the sound made her heart swell with love.

As if Lexa sensed her watching her, she turned and waved at her. Clarke smiled widely and waved back before blowing her a kiss that Lexa returned. It was a tradition that had started on the football field, but soon extended in other areas of their lives, especially after the twins were born.

It had become their thing and Clarke loved it.

"Mommy!" Madi's voice cut in making Clarke laugh and tear her gaze away from Lexa's sun kissed body and focused back on her daughter.

"Can I go?" She asked again, impatience coloring her tone.

"What do you have to look for before you can go?" Clarke rolled her eyes fondly. She may be a mini Lexa, but she had her temperament without a doubt.

"A wave! Duh!" She yelled louder than necessary, but the giggles that followed were music to Clarke's ears.

"That's right," Clarke looked behind Madi and saw a small set rolling in which was perfect for her, "Okay, Madi, pop up like I taught you," She watched
with pride as Madi did like she was taught, but wobbled slightly. Clarke was quick to steady her and spread her feet as the wave hit and carried Madi towards shore.

She walked alongside her as she rode the wave in with a big smile on her face. Clarke could remember her dad teaching her the same thing when she was Madi's age. She tilted her face up to the sky, wishing he could be here to meet Lexa and the twins. One thing she knew for sure, he was looking after them which helped settle the ache in her chest.

"That was so cool!" She jumped off into the shallow water and hurried towards her brother at lightning fast pace. Grabbing ahold of the board, she followed her daughter out of the water and onto the beach.