Chapter 15

The next two weeks became very hectic and insanely busy for both them that they barely had time to see each other. With school, work, practice and training, neither one had any time for anything else and quite frankly Clarke was getting upset about it.

She had no right to be mad as they weren't together, but usually Lexa made time for her and lately she'd been too exhausted to even make it over to her place. Clarke hadn't had sex in a week and the frustration was starting to get to her.

The competition was still important to her, but it was no longer the only thing. Lexa had become an integral part and without her being around, Clarke found herself lost. She couldn't concentrate, couldn't nail her tricks and was fed up. It wasn't just the sex she was missing. She'd gone without sex for longer and could do it again if needed.

No what she missed was Lexa.

She hadn't seen her in four days and the last time she did, it was a quick hello and a kiss before Lexa had to scamper off to class. She loved how dedicated Lexa was to football and her classes, but Clarke missed how easy it was during the summer. She went from seeing her every day and sleeping in each other's beds every night to nothing. Clarke understood the demands and pressure they were both under, but damn it if she didn't wish it was a little different.

She needed Lexa. This was exactly why she hadn't wanted to get into a relationship, but with Lexa, it was inevitable.

Clarke tried again and again to nail the trick, but fell every single time. She was pissed at herself, but mostly pissed off at Lexa. She knew it was irrational and knew it wasn't really Lexa's fault, it was their insane schedules and with classes back in session, it made it even worse. After what felt like the hundredth time, Clarke finally called it quits and stomped her way back to the beach. She couldn't help but look to see if a familiar brunette was jogging down the beach.

She wasn't.

Frustrated, Clarke grabbed her stuff and stormed towards house. Once inside she threw her things down and plopped down on her bed. Clarke pulled out her phone and sent a text to Lexa.

Want to hang out tonight?

She tossed her phone down and laid back on her to wait for her reply. Before, Clarke would get a reply almost instantaneously, now it seemed to be longer and longer and she hated it. She wondered if she did something wrong, but as far as Clarke knew, everything was going well. Even after the hiccup after the game, she thought they were okay.

At she least she hoped so.

Her fears were feeding off her anxiety and she bolted out of her bed, intent on going to Lexa's apartment to talk face to face when her cell dinged. She lunged for it and knocked it behind her bed. On her hands and knees, she stretched for it and couldn't reach it. She pulled her arm out and looked around her room for something to use. Clarke spotted a hanger and grabbed it. She bent back down and used the hanger to grab the phone and she slid it towards her.

When she looked down and saw who had texted her, her shoulder slumped in disappointment. It was from a number she didn't recognize and chose to ignore the text. Clarke figured it was the wrong number as all it said was 'hey'.

Not wanting to sit back and be one of those clingy girls who gets upset when they don't see their girlfriend or boyfriend, she stood up and straightened her shoulders. She plugged her phone into charge and went to take a shower.

She stripped and turned the water on hot needing to feel the burn of her sore and tense muscles. Her mind drifted to the way Lexa relaxed her entire body during the massage. She remembered how good her strong hands felt pressing into her and rubbing out the knots. Clarke sighed. She wasn't supposed to be thinking about Lexa right now.