Chapter 20

Dinner with the group was going pretty well which was a relief to Lexa. She wasn't sure what to expect when Abby had invited them all to dinner. They had finished their meal and now were sitting back and chatting between drinks and desserts. What caught Lexa's eye the most, was how radiant Clarke looked. She was so damn happy and it made her heart burst with joy for her girlfriend.

Looking around, Lexa took in the Dropship; which was a relatively busy old bar and grill, right down to the old beat up booths, smiley face clock on the wall that made her burst into laughter at the sight of it, and music that floated through the speakers in the ceiling that played 'Jailhouse Rock'. Delicious smells hit the air every time someone opened the door back to the kitchen and Lexa started to hum along with the music tapping out the beat with her other hand that was rested on Clarke's thigh right beside her. She sipped on her milkshake that was half gone. Clarke had sworn it was the best shake ever, and she could admit that Clarke was right. When the song ended she moved her hand and squeezed Clarke's and held it under the table. Clarke flashed her a smile that lit up her whole face and Lexa couldn't resist leaning in and kissing her on the corner of her mouth.

She felt Clarke nudge her slightly and Lexa zoned back into the conversation.

Abby was telling another embarrassing story of Clarke when she was little and Lexa was glad she hadn't miss it. Clarke had hid her face in her neck and Lexa looped her arm around to hold her close. She kissed Clarke's ear from time to time.

"So Clarke had to be about seven or so," Abby laughed and looked at Clarke who peeked at her over Lexa's shoulder. "She thought she could fly from seeing it on some show and thought it would be a good idea. It wasn't." Abby deadpanned. "She had climbed out of her window onto the roof and had on one of my white coats on like a cape from what Jake told me. Clarke had snuck away when he was doing the dishes," Abby smiled fondly. "She decided to jump off the roof and fell and snapped both bones in her right arm. My own daughter was brought into the hospital hysterical and Jake was completely panicked," She paused and took a drink. "You would have thought she'd learn her lesson, but she didn't."

Clarke groaned and hid her face in Lexa's neck more. "I thought I could be a superhero like you, because you were always saving people, that's why I took your coat," Clarke smiled at her mom before she hid her face again.

"That's very sweet, Clarke, but you gave both of heart attacks and that wasn't even the first time or the last. We were constantly worried about you. You were such a daredevil."

"Still is," Octavia poked Raven who was next to her, "What was it we used to call her?"

Raven grinned slyly. "Sky girl."

"Oh fuck, nope, nope, nope. Let's talk about something else?" Clarke popped up and glared at her friends who were all laughing. Her mom was smiling and took a drink from her glass.

"But I want to hear more embarrassing stories. Besides it's fitting because it really does seem you fell out of the sky and into my life," Lexa stroked her hair.

"Nope and hey..." Clarke nudged her, "You ran away."

Lexa turned bright red, "oh fuck.." she muttered, then slapped a hand over her mouth and glanced at Abby, "Sorry." Lexa grabbed her drink and started to drink it.

But Abby just laughed. Raven was laughing too, "she did," she said her eyes dancing over Lexa, "but Clarke tells it so much better than me, I won't do it justice," Raven laughed.

"You're an ass, Rae, but you're right. After all I was there," Clarke looked over at Lexa and smiled. "So I was out surfing early and there was a girl who'd been jogging and when our eyes met for the first time, she just took off down the beach like a shot," Clarke laughed and this time Lexa buried her face in Clarke's neck. "I've never seen someone move that fast." Lexa felt Clarke kiss her on the head, but didn't move from her spot. She was starting to feel like the effects of the drinks as well.