Chapter 6

After they exchanged numbers, they had been in constant contact. For the last week, they met up in the morning and ran together before Clarke would go for her surf. Once she was done, they would talk for a while until they had to get home and ready for class.

It became a daily routine for them and Lexa loved it. She couldn't get enough of her. Every day she looked forward to seeing her. Clarke brightened her day tremendously. When she was with Costia, she thought it was the same, but it wasn't. Not even close. Clarke was one of kind and Lexa looked forward to getting to know her even better.

Looking down at her phone, she saw a text from the blonde.

7:30 PM

Clarke: Wear your swimsuit. :) Meet me in the morning at our usual time.

7:31 PM

Lexa: I'll be there, but no laughing at me. I'm going to be horrible at it.

Lexa laughed because she already knew that Clarke would make fun of her and the thought didn't bother her in the least. It meant she'd get to see her beautiful smile. That would be worth the teasing any day.

7:34 PM

Clarke: I make no promises. See you tomorrow gorgeous. ;)

Lexa blushed and still couldn't believe that someone like Clarke was interested in her as a friend and especially as friend with benefits. She didn't think she'd ever be this lucky. Clarke could have anyone she wanted, yet chose her. Even though they were only friends with benefits, the surfer could have chosen anyone else.

7:36 PM

Lexa: I'll be there :)

Lexa's smile didn't go unnoticed by Anya, who sitting on the couch beside her. She had promised her best friend they could have a movie night. They settled on the Matrix series as they both were feeling more sci fi than comedy or romance. Anya had stacked their coffee table with snacks and drinks while waiting on Lexa to start the movie.

Lexa looked over at her friend who had an irritated look on her face. She smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry, we can start it now." She went to press play, but stopped when Anya put her hand on her arm pushing down. Lexa looked up in confusion.

"What's going on with you and Clarke?" Lexa stared at her for a moment, before swallowing thickly.

"We're just friends, why?" Lexa thought sticking to that would be a good idea as she's never had a fuck buddy before. She's only had sex with one girl, her high school sweetheart, Costia, who broke up with her their summer before college. She stated it was for the best as she was going to college in New York. Lexa knew the real reason behind it, she didn't want to be tied down in case she met someone else.

Almost two years later and Lexa has accepted it, and realized it was for the best. That didn't mean it didn't break her heart in the process. She just wasn't quite ready for a new relationship as the first one almost broke her. It was one of the reasons why she agreed to this arrangement, she wanted to try and protect her heart.

Anya huffed out a laugh. "Friends...right. Do you fuck all your other friends or is Clarke just special?"

Lexa glared at her, not believing the venom she could hear in her tone. She knew Anya was over protective and only wanted the best for her, but this was taking it too far. She didn't even know, Clarke. How could she judge her?

A small part had doubts as well. It wasn't like she knew her very well either. They'd only been hanging out a few weeks. How well did she really know Clarke? No, she wouldn't let Anya put doubts in her head.