Chapter 26

Words couldn't express how excited Clarke was to get away. She loved her city, she loved the beach and loved her friends, but the chance to get away from the constant reminders was too good an opportunity to pass up.

If it was possible, Clarke loved Lexa even more for coming up with the idea.

Normally Clarke didn't like surprises, but with Lexa she didn't mind. Besides, she figured she would find out soon enough, but couldn't resist bugging Lexa as they drove.

"Ready to tell me where we're going, yet?" Clarke asked, pressing kisses to Lexa's hand that was currently intertwined with hers.

"Not a chance. Patience, love," Lexa chuckled and Clarke tried pouting, but still Lexa resisted, "You'll see soon enough."

"That's too long. I didn't even get to pack which could have given me a hint," Clarke blew out a frustrated sigh. She wasn't really upset and Lexa knew that with the smirk on her face.

"I love you," Lexa hummed squeezing her hand, "you know that, right?"

Clarke smiled, "of course I do. You know how much I love you?" she asked leaning over the console, her seatbelt preventing her from getting as close as she wanted.

"I do," Lexa blushed beneath her sunglasses and Clarke couldn't help but brush her lips against Lexa's cheek.

"Good," she whispered, "I hope you do," Clarke leaned back and saw Lexa's white-knuckled grip on the steering wheel. She loved being able to fluster Lexa. She made it was so easy sometimes.

Looking out the window Clarke saw they were pulling into the airport. Finally, she would know where they were going and she tried to ignore the anxiety building up in her about the crowds after everything she had gone through. Still, she had to face her fear sometime. But Lexa drove right past the terminals and back toward an area she'd never been.
"Umm, babe, you passed the airport terminal." Clarke was confused.

"I know."

"But..."

"Just wait," Lexa continued to drive a couple more minutes before she pulled up to what looked like a private hangar and glanced over at Clarke, "we're here." Lexa shut off the truck.

"Where?" Clarke cocked an eyebrow as her eyes darted around.

Lexa laughed and climbed out. Clarke followed quickly, happy to be off the crutches, but she still hated the boot.

"Babe," Clarke walked around the truck where Lexa was pulling out their suitcases and backpacks.

Clarke took a moment to admire her girlfriend's muscles in her long-sleeved henley t-shirt, jeans and Nikes. The only hint that Clarke had gotten was to wear jeans and shoes, but that hadn't been much to go on.

"Ready?" Lexa smiled as she shouldered both backpacks and rolled the suitcase behind them. She did it all over Clarke's protests and still managed to hold her hand.

"I think so," Clarke saw the private plane behind the hangar and came to a complete stop, "Oh my God! Lexa," She turned to look at Lexa who had a small smile adorning her lips, "What?" Clarke's mouth dropped open, "How? Seriously?" the questions flew out before she could stop them.

Lexa looked at her patiently, "I know how you are with crowds and I wanted the best for you. So I thought this would be easier for both of us and your mom helped..." Lexa mumbled out.

"She did?" Clarke raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"Abby insisted. She was very persuasive." Lexa shrugged and looked at her apologetically, "is that okay? Is this..." Lexa waved a hand in front of her, "okay?"