Prologue

[Impt. Note: Editing my chapters! - 11/29/2022]

Revision:
9, 857K Word Count

Second Revision:
16, 203k Word Count

Leader F/n

A war ought to destroy everyone in the battlefield, and afterwards, many ascend stronger from the defeated places; however, those that deem themselves not damaged by it, killed.

It is a reminder that I engrave into my daughter's mind perpetually, and at this very moment, there is nothing more that I intend to desire other than her grasping this mindset to take over her great distress that grows into sight vividly.

"I missed again, Kai.." The 5 year old little girl turns down the corner of her lips, louring it with an expression of displeasure plastered on her face as she fails on her attempt once again to her dismay. In fact, we have been on this training for several hours by this time; a prerequisite for competence.

Kaizo scoffs and leisurely shakes his head, recomposing his stance as he looks down at the girl with those deep-seated, magenta eyes, heaving an audible sigh. "Listen, it's not just about the skills, Y/n. It's important that you need to be attentive too, and examine the flow of their upcoming movements. Am I understood?"

"Yes, Kai." Obediently, she replies and hangs her head lowly, rolling her lips inwards.

He smirks in appeasement towards his little cousin, "Good girl."

I observe the two from a distance as I cross both of my arms, in absence of having the plan to interfere at the moment. I must say that they are both doing well. It is better for them to learn their own individual independence, for developing autonomy offers them a sense of self-efficacy. And as her father, I ought to be here for her in every step she takes on the process.

Thus, things are getting a lot more interesting by this point, if they are satisfying enough for my standards; explicitly my own daughter, there are still improvements that need to be made. As my role for being her father is neither an anchor to hold her back nor a sail to take her there, but a guiding light whose love shows her the way.

Liberty. When it begins to take root, it is a plant of rapid growth. However, true independence and freedom can only exist in doing what's right, and freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

I elicit a sigh as my shoulders drop, closing my eyes for a moment and feeling that ache in my chest for a sense of longingness taking over my heart then all over my consciousness; the eerie feeling that I have been here and done this before. Even so, I let myself ignore the feeling of it, despite implying the opposite on my mind, my heart.

Kaizo weighs the sword in his right hand, slashing it delicately at the air with a novice-like apprehension, and as he does so the reflection of the orange torch flame dances warmly within the cool steel; the little girl watching in an unfaltering gaze, astonish as ever and almost does not preps herself for her first encounter towards every single details of the unveil.

Amber. I bluntly shake my head on the thought, bringing my eyes back towards the scenario with a scoff on him using it for a mere training, but I cannot repent.

Subsequently, he raises his energy sword into proper position, and so does she follow, holding her own. It leaves flexibility in their wrists so they could easily move the sword into offensive and defensive positions. Prompting her attention, she escorts along all his instructions and gestures of the bladed weapon. After the trial, they begin the sparring.