Chapter 7: The bargain

"You will tell me, right NOW, where SPYDER is keeping Erica," said Cyrus, with absolutely no sign of mercy. 

     "But if I do, you'll have no reason to let me liv-"

     "I don't CARE about your reasons, woman, just tell me where Erica is. "

     "I told you, I don't know!" Said Ms.E, frantically trying to escape Cyrus's wrath.

     "And you, too Ripley. I watched the footage. Erica got captured because she tried to save you. If you weren't such a NINCOMPOOP, she would still be here, and we would've captured Ms.E."

     "Hey! Ben isn't a nincompoop! He's solved like ten SPYDER cases," said Mike, trying to defend me.

     "Shut your TRAP Mike Brzezinski. You shouldn't even be here. Just another showing of Ben's stupidity," said Cyrus, obviously upset.

     Just then, the phone rang, probably saving my life. 

     "Yes? Interesting. When? Where? No weapons or I will personally strip you guys bone from bone," said Cyrus. Well, Ripley, you have a chance of redemption. SPYDER called, and said that they will trade Ms.E for Erica. It's at the back of the hotel, 1400 hours tomorrow, and no one is allowed to bring weapons.

     "Well....Cyrus I hate to break it to you, but I think SPYDER isn't going to keep their promise on no weapons. They aren't exactly what you called "trustworthy," I said, hoping that he wouldn't strangle me.

     "And that's why we're putting a bomb in the mix. If they don't give us Erica, we blow up the place," said Cyrus, as if it was obvious.

     "Cyrus, I'm pretty sure we also get blown up...." I said.

     "I don't care. If Erica doesn't live, they don't live," said Cyrus.

     And so it was decided. We would get there one hour early, plant a bomb, and hope that they kept their word. Because if they didn't, we were all dead.

Time skip to 1400

     "Well, well, well. Look who decided to show up to save his precious granddaughter", said one of the goons, in a taunting voice.

     "And look who is useless without their leader," responded Cyrus in a snarky tone.

     "I know you have a bomb in the ground, Cyrus. Don't try to play with me. Now hand the detonator over or your daughter dies," said the goon.

     The goon pointed a gun at Erica and Cyrus tackled him. He grabbed the gun from his hand and shot him in the face. 

     "That's what you get for threatening my granddaughter, you bastard."

      But in all the chaos, no one had noticed Ms. E. She had run into a car and was calling for backup. 

     "Should we chase him?" I asked.

     "No, no need for more trouble. Besides, I don't want Erica to get captured again," said Cyrus.

     And so we returned to the hotel. Now that we knew that SPYDER was for sure in this building, everyone was on high alert. For once though, I felt as if we were up on SPYDER. We had killed both of their goons and rescued Erica. I felt happy.

     Little did I know, it would be one of the last times I felt happy.

A/N: You guys got it in like two seconds so I'm upping it.

11 votes, 7 people saying update. And I won't ask my friends to vote or say update.