Chapter 13: The ceremony

I walked out to the ceremony. My head drooped down, my morale at an all time low. I looked at the crowd. Everywhere I looked, SPYDER agents glared at me. I was pushed up onto the execution spot. My broken bone hurt with every movement I made.

     Zoe, Erica, Mike, and Cyrus looked at me from the side of the stage. They all looked sad. Even Cyrus and Erica. In fact, Erica showed more emotion than she ever did.

     She's just acting, I thought to myself. I was so pissed off. I should've never agreed to go on this mission. I was going to DIE. I hadn't even got to get my permit. I almost started crying. The crowd looked at me with a special sense of loathing. At least I was able to do some good with my life.

     "Today, we are gathered to witness the beheading of our enemies. Ben Ripley has foiled our plans for the last time. He dies TODAY," said Ms.E with a sneer on her face.

     The crowd cheered, celebrating the death of a child. I looked at my friends. It looked like this was it. Ms.E raised her gun, and fell onto the ground. She was shot with a sedation dart. I looked up, and saw Catherine.

     Hope.

     For the first time, I felt hope. But only for a brief second. The crowd stood up, and immediately began looking for the intruder.

     "WHO SHOT HER! WHY ISN'T HE DEAD YET. SOMEONE SHOOT HIM!" Shouted Joshua.

     Just then, Catherine and a bunch of MI6 agents dropped down and sedated as many SPYDER agents as possible. Although they were extremely talented fighters, there were just too many SPYDER agents. She needed help. I signaled for one of the MI6 agents to free me, and I immediately began freeing my friends. There was no time to think. If Erica truly was a SPYDER agent, we were screwed, but I had to take chances now. 

     We began fighting. I tried to take out as many SPYDER agents as possible, but with my fighting skills, I got knocked out immediately. Meanwhile, the SPYDER agents were overwhelming us. There were just too many of them. 

     Our agents decided to scramble. Erica grabbed my unconscious body, and we ran. Catherine had a two cars planned. We basically jumped in the car. 

     "DRIVE!" Screamed Catherine.

     We made it back to the hotel, and I finally gained consciousness.

     "What happened?! How did Catherine know where to find us."

     "Well, that was Erica. She had an emergency button that she would press if she was in danger. She pressed it when you guys got caught by Joshua."

      Of course she would have an emergency button. Erica also reminded me of the...

     "Mole. Joshua told me that there was a mole in this group. That's how they found and captured us."

     Everyone looked around at each other. Nobody trusted anyone. Although we escaped, we were far from safe.

     A/N: EHHHHH not a good chapter, hit a writer's block mid-way. same goal as always.