Chapter 17

I gathered everyone.

     "Obviously, Ms.E is probably not going to crack anytime soon. So, I decided to use this time to find out who the mole is. With all of us interrogating, they will probably make a mistake," I said.

     Mike looked content. Zoe looked bored. Erica looked like she was ready to kill someone, and Cyrus just rolled his eyes and walked away.

     "You guys have fun. I'm going to do some real work," said Cyrus.

     "What? You can't just leave, everybody here is a suspect!" I said.

     "Well, not me. There's no way I'm the mole. Now, if you would excuse me, I'm going to interrogate Ms.E," he said.

     He was so stubborn. It didn't matter, though, since I really didn't think it was Cyrus. I got started.

     "Everyone must state a reason/alibi why SPYDER couldn't have recruited you. I'll go first. I've thwarted SPYDER five times now, and they've already tried to recruit me three times, I think they've learned that they can't."

     Nobody else went.

     No, seriously. I tried urging Zoe or Mike to go, but they literally didn't feel like talking whatsoever. It was a mission failed. 

     I decided to check back on Cyrus, and see if he made any progress. 

     What I found there, shocked me. 

     I screamed. On the ground, was Cyrus's body, sprawled all over the floor. But more importantly, there was a huge hole in the ceiling. And Ms.E was gone. I checked Cyrus's pulse, and realized they just sedated him, which was a huge relief. Erica, Mike, and Zoe all came rushing after they heard my scream, and both Mike and Zoe screamed too. 

     Erica looked calm. As if she knew it was going to happen.

     "Why are you so calm?" I asked.

     "I can tell that he was sedated. Ms.E was going to be freed sooner or later, and I'm honestly surprised it wasn't sooner. We literally have no backup," she said.

     That made sense. I guess. I was still suspicious, and it would truly hurt me to find out that my crush had betrayed me, but I had to remember that all possibilities were possible. We started examining the hole in the roof. 

     "Blown up. Most likely C4," said Mike.

     "Then they probably sedated Cyrus," said Zoe

     "Two agents, judging by the footprints, blew the roof open, with silent C4, shot Cyrus in the neck as he turned around, and one agent manned the door while the other untied Ms.E with a knife. Then, the first agent climbed out, and the agent that was manning the door grabbed Ms.E and tossed her up," said Erica.

     "How in the world did you get all of that from one look," asked Zoe.

     "Two looks, actually, and I'm a spy, it's my job to know things," responded Erica. 

     I shook my head. Erica's uncanny ability to know things no normal human could know always shocked me.

     Or did she know it before it happened. Maybe, just maybe Erica knew what they were going to do, and that was why she could tell what happened. No normal being could figure that out. I don't think my whole neighborhood together could figure it out.

     Or maybe, she was just good.

      I shook my head again. I had to have trust. I refused to believe that Erica had betrayed us, no matter what evidence there is against her. I already made that mistake last mission, I'm not doing it again.

     All of a sudden, two agents dropped down, shot Mike and Zoe in the head, and then me. 

     But I didn't see them shoot Erica.

     All I remembered after that point was waking up and being hit in the head again and again. I woke up one last time, and saw that I was in an interrogation room, with Joshua standing before me. 

     "We meet again, Ripley.