Chapter 14: Interrogation

"We for sure know the mole is here?" Asked Erica.

     "Yes. Joshua confirmed it. He told me thinking that I would never get the chance to find out," I responded.

     I had originally thought it was Erica. Everyone had an alibi besides her. Cyrus had been the CIA director. Mike had never left campus. Zoe had been shot by SPYDER. So that left Erica. However, Erica had been the one to contact Catherine, who rescued us. So I had to start looking for possible ways those alibis could be invalid.

     "It's Mike," said Zoe.

     "Me? I've never left campus? How would I be a SPYDER agent?" responded Mike.

     "Duh. You've been communicating with SPYDER on your phone, or you've been electronically communicating with them. Don't try to fool me," said Zoe.

     "I'm not trying to fool you! I'm not a SPYDER agent! What about you? You could be the SPYDER agent!" said Mike, defending himself.

     "Don't switch the topic! And anyways, I've been shot by SPYDER. Why would they shoot their operative? It has to be you! Sometime right now, Ben will find some insurmountable evidence that you are the mole! Just reveal yourself, Mike," said Zoe.

     "I can't! Because I'm not the mole!"

     "He really isn't lying, Zoe. I know that," said Erica.

     "Well maybe you're in cahoots with him! Just because you are a hale doesn't mean you can't be turned!"

     This resulted in Cyrus furiously defending Erica. Zoe was insistent on Mike being the mole, and this ended in a shouting match. I looked at Catherine awkwardly, using my eyes to tell her to please stop the shouting. She just looked back at me, and shrugged.

     And then she joined the match.

     "SILENCE!" I yelled.

     They all looked at me.

     "There is NO time to argue. There is NO time to waste. There is NO reason to keep blaming each other. I refuse to let you guys waste your time and breath arguing, when SPYDER is on the loose! We don't know SQUAT about their plan, and we have NO clue what they're going to do. So STOP ARGUING." I said this with a ferocity I didn't have.

     They all looked down, disappointed at themselves. Even Cyrus seemed slightly embarrassed. Then, the best thing happened all day.

     "Good thinking, we really have no idea what they're up to." said Erica. 

     Was that a compliment? I had only gotten a handful of compliments from Erica, and most of them were not very impressive. This was the first actual compliment. I smiled. Maybe something good could come out of this mission.

     So, with some renewed energy, the team made a plan. To extract the information, we needed to capture someone who knew about the plan, but we had to make sure the mole didn't know about it. To do this, we activated tactic Sneaky Liar. I was deemed the only absolutely trustworthy candidate(With a few groans from Cyrus) and I was operation head. My job was to send each person into a location, and each person would do a specific task. Nobody would know what the bigger plan was, except me. So even if the mole reported to Ms.E, they would just be confused. Nothing could fail. It was completely foolproof.

     A/N: in middle of writing next chapter, don't spam update yet lol.