Chapter 12: The Mole

"How did you find us? How did you know?" I asked.

     "Well, SPYDER has eyes and ears everywhere. You can't hide. We know your every move, your every thought. No matter how hard you try, our moles will get the information out of you,"said Joshua.

     This shocked me. There were only a few people that knew about this mission. The principal, the CIA director, and all the people on this mission. I trusted everyone though. The principal was too dumb to be a mole, the CIA director couldn't possibly be the SPYDER agent, so that means......

     "That's right. We've turned one of your so-called-trustworthy friends into a mole," said Joshua.

     "Why are you telling me this? This is crucial information that you could still use!" I asked, very confused.

     "Because you won't be around much longer to tell it to anyone. Tomorrow, SPYDER is holding a ceremony where they kill the biggest targets. And the main attraction, is you. No more foiling our plans, no more escaping. This is the end of the line for you, Ripley," said Joshua.

     They were actually going to kill me. I had one day to figure out how to escape. There was no Erica saving the day, or Cyrus blowing up SPYDER's base. I had to figure it out on my own. I tried to think about ways of escaping, but my mind kept thinking about the mole. Who could it possibly be? Mike? Zoe? Erica? I shook my head. Joshua was just trying to get in my head. We probably just hit the security cameras or something. 

     I looked around at my surroundings. I was locked in a pitch black cage, and I was in handcuffs. I couldn't just dislocate my thumb this time, and I couldn't see any part of the cage. My feet were also tied up, which meant that I couldn't move around and feel the room. There were also probably security cameras. SPYDER was taking no chances. I felt the floor. Metal. I probably couldn't break that with a knife or hammer, much less my hand. 

     Minutes passed.

     Then hours.

     And I finally fell asleep. 

     I woke up the next morning knowing that this day was going to be my last. Around four o'clock, I would be dragged out of the cage, onto a stage in front of all of SPYDER's operatives. I lost hope. This was truly, the end.

     I sat in my cage, just wondering how our plan had gone wrong. I had memorized the security cameras and alarms, and I know that we avoided both. But at the same time, I truly believed that our group didn't have a mole. I had to think logically. There was always a chance that SPYDER turned one of ours, and there was also a chance that we missed a security camera. But I didn't think so. We spent hours there, and for the top spies in the CIA to miss a security camera was hard to believe. I didn't want to waste my last hours alive, so I decided to find out who the mole was. 

     I listed off myself, and Zoe, because I saw Zoe get sedated too. They wouldn't sedate their own SPYDER operative. I listed off Cyrus, because he used to be CIA director, and it was near impossible that SPYDER would control the CIA director. I listed off Mike, because he hadn't left campus all year, and I've seen his text messages. None of them seemed like SPYDER. So that left....

     Erica. I refused to believe it. Me and Erica were partners since my first mission. She's thwarted SPYDER with me five times! But it was the only plausible option. I really didn't want to believe it, but it seemed like the only explanation of all the facts. 

     I was dragged out at 4 P.M, severely depressed. I knew I was going to be executed. Probably beheaded. Maybe even by Erica herself. 

     I sighed. At least this day couldn't possibly get worse.

     For once, I was right.

A/N: I really like this chapter, and I'm on a writing streak, so I'll be releasing the next one soon. Same goal as always. Ten votes, ten comments from different people.