Chapter 19: SPYDER is reborn

"Tomorrow, SPYDER is reborn."

     Those were the last words I heard before I was dragged to my room, and brutally knocked out. SPYDER never lets you take a break. Even though I was being executed tomorrow, by Erica, they never lost a chance to brutally torture me. I "slept" through the night, if you can call it that, just wondering how I messed up.

     I looked back to the beginning. Alexander shows up. I move to spy school. Meet all these wonderful people, meet all of my best friends. Go on tons of missions, thwarting SPYDER over and over again. It was real. The connection, the friendship, was real. Or was it? Was it all a lie? Had Erica ever even thought of me as a friend? Was she just acting?  

     My whole life, I'd been blessed with Level 13 math skills, which allowed me to know the time at all times. However, in this situation, it SUCKED. I knew exactly how many seconds it would be until my head was chopped off by someone I trusted. No matter how much I tried not to think about it, I was still thinking about it. 10353 seconds left. 9000 seconds left. After mentally torturing myself, and going into depression, I was dragged out into the ceremony. 

     There was a huge sense of deja vu. The exact same stage as last time. The same, annoying, crowd. My friends standing in a corner. Ms.E started to speak. 

     "Today, we gather to witness the death of our final enemy. Ben Ripley has thwarted us WAY TO MANY TIMES. Today, we are not only executing Ben Ripley, but we are having Erica, Ben's closest friend, execute him. To show that defeat will NOT be tolerated. "

      The crowd cheered. Erica walked up the stage, and I couldn't bear to look her in the eye. She was wielding a brutal battle ax, covered in blood. I closed my eyes and accepted my fate. She didn't go for the kill first. She punched me, until I opened my eyes and looked. I realized what she was doing.

      Concealed from the public, a tiny, pocket knife was in her hands. Small enough for no one to see, big enough to cut through the rope. She slipped me the knife and gave me a slight nod. The crowd was getting impatient. 

     "Kill him already!"

     "Stop stalling!"

     "We want BLOOD."

     As soon as I cut through the rope, Erica swung the ax. 

     The ax came at full force, and I barely dodged it. The next 10 minutes were a blur. I heard thousands of voices yelling. Catherine and Mike telling me to run, guards coming from everywhere, Cyrus getting tossed a knife. Freeing my friends, and making a dash for the exit. It was chaotic. Hundreds, if not thousands, of angry SPYDER agents sprinting full force at us. Waving whatever they had. Pocket knives, bags, even tomatoes. 

      With the help of the Hale family, we made it out. We ran for a bit until we found a taxi. We kicked him out, and drove. 

     I sighed. Success! Finally, some mission gone right. We won. Or did we? 

     "GUYS.....Where's Mike?!"

     "MotherF******* What the **** Are you ******* kidding me?" Cyrus let out a string of curses, and insults.

     We had no choice. Turning back was a suicide mission. Mike was gone. We were forced to drive to our hotel, happy, but depressed. Happiness was always washed out.

Things only got worse.

     We went to the hotel, and almost immediately, the loudspeaker came on. 

     "ERICA HALE. You messed with the bull. Now you get the horns."

      Suddenly, the glass was shattered and gunshots were fired. Cyrus was laying on the floor. A            bullet in his head.

Hello! Author here. Same goal, ten votes, ten different people commenting. Also GIVE ME FEEBACK. Suggestions, anything. This chapter was tough to write and I thought it would take me two minutes but it took me like 50