two

°○

"hey, bitchass, where were you yesterday?" ten asked as soon as she stepped in the café, not giving her even room to breathe before she was interrogated.

chittaphon, or ten as he preferred, was her manager and close friend. he owned the café she was currently working at, the one she was supposed to shift at yesterday, when she was suffering. usually, yura wasn't one to pass a shift without any contact with him or the other workers, so his reaction was understandable.

"i even tried calling you, i was worried, bitch!" he whined, lightly slapping her arm, making her jump and glare at him.

"i was crying my ass out yesterday, did you know bailey from suite life was inbred?" she rushed her words, a bit of sarcasm when she tried to switch the topic from her awkward confession.

"do not try to switch the topic, yura, why were you crying?" he asked, suddenly worried again when he processed her words.

again, it was understandable. yang yura was one who usually resolves her problems with anger, in case if you haven't noticed yet, not tears. even when she dropped her ice cream, she felt better after cursing at the ground and at gravity altogether.

"oh, nothing big. maybe because mufasa died, maybe because my fucking boyfriend of five years cheated on me in front of my very eyes, you never know." yura told with thick sarcasm lacing in her tone.

"WHAT?!" ten exclaimed, eyes darkening as anger started to show in his expression. "that jafar lookin' headass, imma just-"

"nO! chittaphon, it's okay. i'm fine now, don't go around beating his ass, alright? i don't wanna see you in jail because of his flatass." she restrained him, pulling his arm before he could exit the café.

"aw, is that because i'm your favorite gay thickest ass bitch?"

she chuckled, can't help but be amused at his antics. "idiot, you're my only gay thickest ass bitch." she told.

"deserved. hashtag blessedt." he commented before heading behind the counter to prepare for opening. "so where'd you stay last night? i assume you didn't come crawling back to your shared apartment did you?"

she shook her head and sat on one of the seats in front of the cashier. "nah, i stayed at a sauna. the old lady i next to me kept complaining that i was ugly crying all night and that my sobs sound like a dying cat."

"you do you, dying cat or not, you've probably still got more time to live than her."

she chuckled. "yeah, and i showered at shuhua's. ms. yeh is so nice, even giving me clothes that don't fit her anymore."

"i remember her, she brought us cigars last time from when she was back from her trip to dubai." ten nodded in rememberance, wiping the glasses clean and placing them on the counter.

"speaking of which, is she still not here yet?" yura asked, realizing she hadn't still spotted the familiar face yet.

"who? shuhua?" he asked, and she nodded in response. "i don't know. isn't she usually here at this time for her morning coffee?"

"mhm," yura hummed in confirmation, "i wonder where she is."

as if on cue, the bell jingled, signalling there's someone entering the still closed café.

"I'M LATE." shuhua screamed, heading to the counter before grabbing ten's collar. "MAKE ME YOUR FASTEST COFFEE!"

"yes, ma'am!" ten exclaimed, hurrying to mix the beans and prepare the to go cup.

yura watched in amusement, rare seeing the riled up state of the young girl. she's usually calm and collected, being one from a rich family, she was always composed and had a way with words.

"why didn't you wake up earlier? your mom had to let me in to shower." she told the younger girl, who glanced back at her.

"i studied all night for the test and forgot to set my alarms! mom didn't even bother to wake me up." she pouted, as if disappointed her mom didn't.

"well i kind of agree with your mrs. yeh," yura admitted with a nod, "you do need a break every once in a while."

"yeah, maybe but not now," she whined childishly, "i have a test!"

yura chuckled, shaking her head. it was always like that for sleep deprived, coffee addicted, college enthusiast shuhua. she was so set on her future that she sometimes forget she's human, not a machine that can keep studying 24/7 without any breaks.

"here's your coffee, ma'am child." ten told, handing her the cup without a straw, as she always brings a metal one with her. "two shots only though, because five is getting unhealthy."

she smiled. "thanks! gotta go, bye!" she then hurried out the door without any more words.

yura smiled, turning to ten. "she forgot to pay, didn't she?"

he nodded with a chuckle. "she'll come back after her classes, like the usual."