thirty one

°○

"thanks for walking me," yura smiled up at him, grateful.

jeno smiled back at her. "it's no problem," he ruffled her hair again, an action she recognized he's been doing a lot to her, "see you later, yura."

the two part ways, the girl entering the café while the boy walked to his studio. ten, who had been watching the scene through the glass door, raised an eyebrow at her.

she walked to the counter, face red. sitting down on one of the benches, she buried her face in her arms and groaned.

"what were you doing with him?" he smirked at her, mildly amused at the situation.

she looked up at him suddenly, a frown on her face while both cheeks still sported the redness that refused to go away.

ten looked down to her attire, an oversized hoodie. he then looked towards the door, where she was with the boy. dramatically, he gasped, eyes widening at her. "yura! did you and him-"

"no!" she interrupted, flustered, with her hands shaking vigorously.

unconvinced, he stared at her. "really now?" he asked. "then explain why you're wearing his hoodie, and why he dropped you off in the morning?"

"i-i," she cleared her throat, suddenly anxious, "he picked me up when i got drunk last night, and i ended up staying over, okay?"

ten scoffed. "yeah, alright."

"it's true!" she defended.

"then what was that reaction?" he asked, smirking. he was referring to her outburst of stutters and a red face.

she coughed, looking away. "i-i'll get my apron now!" she announced, hurrying to behind the counter.

his smirk widened. "don't try to change the topic, missy!" he teased, bumping her shoulder.

she sighed, knowing he won't leave her alone. "he.. he just g-gives me butterflies, alright?"

.

.

"it's nice to finally see her grow up," ten sighed, smiling as he watched his best friend serve one table to another. "i feel like a proud parent."

wonwoo nodded in agreement, the upper half of his body sticking out from the kitchen window. he sighed, also watching as she served customers.

"you know we can be fathers if we date," ten offered jokingly, raising an eyebrow at the quiet boy.

he scoffed in response, rolling his eyes. he pointed at ten's phone, smirking as if he knows something.

ten didn't get what he was saying, tilting his head in confusion.

"kun," wonwoo said simply, smirking as he saw a faint pink tint appear on the boy's cheeks.

"oh, bread boy." ten rolled his eyes, referring to the guy he's been chatting with the last few days.

the silent boy rolled his eyes, the amused smirk still on his face.

just then, the glass door slammed open, and in comes a familiar face. "what's up people?!" he called out, voice whooping, as a couple other people began to pile in after him.

ten looked up, a small smile rising on his lips as he spotted jae entering with his usual casual demeanor. "oh, jae, you're back again." he spotted.

"yeah i am, baby, and i'm bringing customers, so you better thank me, chits." he said, plopping down on his usual seat beside the counter.

"yeah, whatever." ten rolled his eyes, then turned to the four behind him, who stood confused. "welcome, i assume you guys are his bandmates?"

the tallest one out of four of them nodded with a friendly smile. "yeah. i'm young k, the bassist."

"i'm sungjin, the guitarist."

"i'm wonpil, i play the keyboard."

"i'm dowoon, and i'm drum." the last one introduced, and soon, they seated at a table nearby.

after getting confident recommendations from jae himself, the members ordered one by one, then chatted among themselves. yura, returning to the counter, felt her eyes widen at the sudden group of people around jae.

"oh, chicken, you're back." she said, faking disappointment to tease him.

jae rolled his eyes, chuckling. "what's that supposed to mean?" he protested, making her laugh and confirm that she was joking.

"you guys must be his members?" she asked, then each of them introduced themselves. afterwards, she introduced herself with a smile. "well i hope you guys enjoy our food here!"

just then, another one came in.

"annyeonghase-y'all!" shuhua's eyes widened when she spotted the man, and an immediate smile raised on her lips. "jae!" she greeted.

he smiled, standing up to ruffle her hair. "hey! there's our number one fan." he greeted fondly.

"oh, you're the one he brought when we were busking, right?" sungjin asked. she replied with a nod, a friendly smile on her face as she was already acquainted with him.

"where's jun?" jae asked, curious at the regular he hadn't seen.

shuhua shrugged. "i don't know, probably studying?" she replied, an unsure tone in her voice. "anyway, how's training for you?"

jae groaned, plopping down on his seat. "don't remind me." he breathed out grumpily.

looking around the table, she noticed all of them sported the same expression. feeling pity, she sighed. "i feel bad for you guys. how about we go for korean barbecue tonight?"

their eyes brightened, and she can't help the chuckle that escaped her lips.

"really?" wonpil asked.

she laughed. "of course! with one condition. i'll get to have vip tickets to your concert when you guys become famous!"