seven

°○

"morning, fucker."

yura gazed at him weirdly, stopping in her tracks. "that's an aggressive way to greet someone, good morning to you too, minho."

lee minho glanced at her with a catlike smile, half smirking. he's been her apartment's guard since she first moved in, and as they encountered each other more, he grew more and more open, meaning more and more cursing.

she sighed. "why can't you be more like bang chan? he's a gentleman."

"well i'm lee know, bitch. profanity is my hospitality." he told, a smirk on his face as he opened the door for her.

yura rolled her eyes at him, walking out the apartment. then she stopped in her tracks, turning around, and she saw him raise an eyebrow with curiosity.

"uh, hey, can you do me a favor?"

he looked at her expectantly.

"chan's in charge of security cameras, right?"

"yeah so?" he asked, actually confused.

"can you ask him to watch my room today? well not all day, but like if there's.. someone else at the room." she asked with a whisper, looking down to her shoes in shame, avoiding his eyes.

minho's eyes widened by a fraction, realizing what she meant, but he shook it off. "fine."

she looked up at him, smiling gratefully, before walking away. "thanks. say hi to han for me, by the way!"

yang yura walked all the way to the café, not finding the will to smile and greet people like she usually does. she bares a lonely vibe, a dull one unlike her usual sunshine behavior. the sky seemed darker than usual, and the concrete floor was harder than usual.

when she finally reached the café and entered, ten immediately noticed there was something wrong.

"what's up?" he asked, a small hint of concern in his voice.

she shook her head out of a trance, giving him a weak smile. "nothing, just thinking."

although far from convinced, ten knew he shouldn't tell her. she was like a rock, she won't budge to tell if she doesn't want to tell.

"alright. put on your apron, it's finals week." he told, instructing her to come behind the counter.

she nodded, knowing what it meant, and put on her apron over her jeans.

finals week was always when their café reaches it's max. because of the short distance between it and seoul university, most students stop by and choose to study at said café, sometimes even sitting on the floor of how crowded it gets.

"did shuhua stop by? or jun?" yura asked, turning to the owner in wonder.

ten shook his head. if neither one showed up to get their morning drink, you know it's bad. while jun isn't as alarming as he only sometimes stop by in the morning, shuhua always stops by for coffee, even when she's running late, like last time. but when she doesn't show up at all, that's when you know she's working hard.

"i don't get how they're so motivated for finals." yura admitted, remembering when she was a student, slacking off and studying for finals only an hour before it starts.

ten shrugged. "shuhua's a nerd, and junhui's on scholarship, that means he can't let his gpa drop."

yura 'oh'ed, only remembering the fact after mentioned.

then they opened the café. from the morning until twelve in the afternoon, there wasn't that much customers. it was after noon when the students started to come in.

"seungmin, do not throw that glass onto hyunjin's head. wooyoung, stop bothering jongho, he's studying." yura called one by one their pesky regulars at finals week. only at the ends of semesters that these students stop by, and they always order the same thing, some staying until closing time to study. "ryujin, yeji dropped her books, how is that so funny to you?"

walking behind the counter, yura sighed, plopping onto the plastic seat near her in exhaustion.

"excuse me?"

when she heard the voice, she stood up, heading to the cashier to take the order. "what can i help you with?"

he thought for a while. "uh, an iced americano please?" he asked after pondering over the choices on the menu.

"how many?"

"eight shots, please."

she had to keep her eyes from widening. was this guy so stressed out that he needed this much caffeine? he paid for his drink and she gave the bill. as she made his drink, he waited on the bench near the counter, resting his chin on his palm.

"finals?" she asked.

he shook his head, giving a tired sigh. "crying babies."

not really wanting for him to elaborate, she looked away. "o-kay, here."

"alright, thanks." he thanked, nodding politely.

"you're welcome." she told back, a small smile on her face. and then he left.

"yura unnie, spillage on table eight!"

"chaeryeong, puke is not spillage!"