twenty six

~

i'm bored, let's hang out

that was the text he sent shuhua.

over the course of a few weeks, renjun and shuhua has been growing close as friends. with them constantly meeting at the café, they exchanged numbers and sometimes went out together, so being friends was basically unavoidable.

shuhua was grateful to be honest, other than the boys at the café, she hasn't had any male friends that actually made her comfortable. most of the boys in her campus was always flirting with her, and although she was flattered, she wasn't at all interested in any of them.

on renjun, she wasn't interested in him romantically either. but he made her feel comfortable, and they share a similar sense of humor, so she decided to befriend him.

"oi, caomei!"

his voice made her turn around, and she waved at him excitedly with a smile. over their constant texting, renjun had found that she hated strawberries, which inspired him to make that as her nickname.

"i really hate that nickname." she told, a joking huff out her nose.

he chuckled, patting her head once easily because of their height difference. "well it's sticking, so deal with it." he sassed mockingly, sticking a tongue out.

she scoffed, but was unable to keep her laughter as she pushed his shoulder. "you're so annoying." she called, rolling her eyes a bit. "where are we going?"

he shrugged. "what do you want to do?" he asked, not having any ideas.

"let's get boba," she offered, then tugged on his shoulder.

they began walking side by side through the streets, chatting through topics and occasionally laughing with one another. the boba store wasn't far from where they met up, and before they know it, they arrived already.

"what are you getting?" she asked, staring up at the menu as they waited in line.

he shrugged. "maybe the brown sugar milk one? you?"

"i'm getting plain milk tea." she said.

as the two of them finally got in front of the counter, they each told their orders. the worker gave them the price, and as shuhua began to look for her card, renjun gave him his instead.

"hey, i was going to pay for it." she whined, pouting at him.

he smiled, shaking his head. "it's fine. i was the one who asked to hang out anyway."

she huffed, crossing her arms. "fine, but next time i'm paying."

his smile unconciously widened to a grin when he realized what she was implying, and he only nodded in response.

the two retrieved their orders before sitting down on a table. she scrolled on her phone as she sipped on her drink, and she looked so cute that renjun couldn't help but take a picture.

hearing the click, she looked up at him. "did you just take a picture of me?" she asked with an undertone of whining.

he laughed sheepishly. "i can't help it, you looked cute."

she reddened a bit, turning away to stare into her phone again. the two sat in silence, busy on their own, before renjun gave a huff.

"i'm still bored."

she gave a small roll of her eyes. "well what do you want to do?"

he smirked and ushered her to stand up. "let's do something bad."

the place renjun ended up taking her to was an underpassage road for cars, but it was empty and seemed to have been for a quite a while. the walls were filled with graffiti, and the plants outside seemed to have grown into the grey walls.

"uh, why are we here again?" she asked, worried.

he didn't answer her, bending down to take out one of the sewer covers. he pulled a bag from inside it, a black bag with a few sprays of paint. he pulled out a can of spray paint, smiling at her.

"are you crazy? that's illegal!" she said when she realized what he was implying.

still smiling gently, he shook his head. "just trust me on this one, please." he said, voice soft that it made her heart stop a bit.

pursing her lips, she looked away from him. then she sighed and turned back to him. "fine, hand me that."

he grinned, giving her one of the spray paints. "i go here whenever i'm stressed or just bored. i haven't been here a while though," he explained, turning to begin to spray on the walls.

she nodded in understanding. spotting a yellow moomin drawing, her lips curled into a smile. "is that one yours too?" she snorted, pointing at said painting.

he turned his eyes to see what she was referring to, and with red ears, he rolled his eyes with a smile. "maybe."

laughing, she went beside him and began to spray.

"what are you making?" he asked, focused on his creation.

she smiled. "a sheep."

he smiled back at her. "cute."

continuing to color her sheep's wool, she ignored the warmth on her cheek and went for another can.