three

°○

"hey baby." his voice came as soon as she stepped into the apartment, making her visibly flinch and pause in her steps. "why didn't you come back last night?"

that's right, he didn't know that she knew. he didn't know that she came to surprise him yesterday. hence he didn't know she saw him cheat.

yura feigned a smile, adding features so he wouldn't be suspicious. "ten made me stay after my shift because the part timer couldn't make it. ended up staying over at shuhua's." she lied through her teeth smoothly, knowing he won't be able to pick up on it.

he smiled, nodding at her in understanding. "oh, alright. you could at least text me about it." he said, still smiling as he grabbed her hand. "i was worried sick."

stop smiling.

she grinned forcefully, nodding. "sorry, my phone died."

he chuckled, nodding again. he approached her, pecking her forehead before going into another room. "i'll be showering now, kay?"

she was stood, frozen. the feeling of his lips on her temple like it usually was. his warm hand holding her small one in his. his arm circling her shoulder when he passed by her.

it was all familiar.

"babe?" he called, catching her zoning out in the living room.

she blinked, turning to him, and again, forcing a smile. "sorry, work thoughts. yeah, go on shower." she replied, swallowing the lump in her throat with no stumble in her expression.

he grinned at her, nodding.

stop that. stop showing your cute smile at me.

"alright then. let's go to dinner tonight, no?"

stop it. stop making me want to scream at you.

"okay."

i want to hate you. but why can't i?

"great! i'll call for reservation."

because no matter how i try, i'm still in love with you.

.

.

¤

"hyung, why is she like that, she's scaring me."

ten sighed, shaking his head as his hands kept busy wiping the already clean glasses on the counter. he switched his gaze onto his friend, frowning deeply.

"leave her, she's heartbroken."

yura was sitting on the seat near the counter, staring at nothing in particular while mumbling to herself silently. while this didn't seem to disturb the other customers, junhui didn't feel the same way, having sat two seats next to her.

he tried to greet her when he entered the café, but ten stopped him before he did. and now he was watching her, curious on what she's doing.

"heartbroken?" jun asked, confused.

ten sighed, nodding. "yeah. don't ask her about it though, she'll break down, and i don't need that in my café."

the chinese boy stayed silent, not having anymore questions, but he kept his eyes on her, worried.

"give this to her, tell her it's on the house." ten ordered, placing a plate of sliced cheesecake next to the boy. "please try to cheer her up. none of your bad puns though, she'll hate it."

junhui turned to him, then to the plate. "but she loves my puns. i'll tell them to her!" he told, standing up and immediately heading to her seat.

"no, don't- ugh, that boy!" ten whispered to himself, groaning in frustration.

"hey, yura-ya." junhui greeted, making the unfocused girl blink before snapping her eyes to him.

"oh, hui, hi." she waved with a nod, giving a weak smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "what's up?"

"i was wondering what do you call a bee that can't make up its mind?" he asked, sneaking in the joke in a not so subtle way. and without waiting for her answer, he gave the punchline. "a maybe."

yura paused for a moment. "i think i'm gonna cry."

his eyes widened, and he immediately shook his head. "wait, no, please don't, i'm supposed to cheer you up." he rushed over his words. "ten's gonna kill me. PUDAM!"

yura chuckled at his antics, snorting a bit.

at this, jun turned to her and grew a wide smile. "hey, i made you smile again." he teased.

she slapped his arm. "shut up, i'm still sad."

"want to hear more of my puns then?"

"god no."