fourteen

°○

"yura!"

the girl stopped when she heard her name continuously called from behind her, and she turned around to meet eyes with the person who confused her.

"what's up, minho?" she asked the security guard at her apartment, who ran all the way from the building to call her.

he shook his head, raising a hand for her to wait while he caught his breath dramatically. he was tired as if he ran a marathon, even thought he only ran a couple dozen feet to reach her. he was not athletic, at all.

"chan told me to tell you.." he breathed out tiredly, looking up at her. "about the security camera thingy."

she felt the feeling of her heart dropping, ignoring it as she glanced at him. invisibly swallowing the lump in her throat, she motioned for him to go on.

he sighed. "chan said he saw nobody."

the feeling was gone in a milisecond, and she couldn't help the growing smile on her face. she was mistaken. it must've not been him.

"that lazyass was laying around on the couch not doing anything." minho mumbled as he recalled what chan said to him.

she slapped his shoulder lightly. "hey, that lazyass is my boyfriend." she was somewhat proud of the title, and she knew she was no longer thinking of breaking it off.

even though there's still a tug of doubt in her chest.

.

.

finals week was finally over for all universities and all schools nearby, meaning the busy weeks were over for them. it was back to only some customers along with the usual regulars at the café.

near the counters of the cashier, there was yura, who didn't have a shift today. she was chatting with wonwoo, who peeked his head out the back kitchen. by chatting, it meant yura ranting longly while wonwoo would only nod in response. what a powerful extrovert - introvert duo.

on one of the tables, renjun and jaemin sat. after their first encounter in the café with the others, they, along with jeno, became another patch of regulars at the café. jaemin said he loved their four shot americano more than the eight shot, and renjun kept coming back to try different drinks from ten. the pair, along with sometimes jeno, would come every week.

yura, noticing the empty seat beside the pair, turned to them. "hey, where's jeno?" she asked, tilting her head a bit.

the two shrugged. "he was kept back at the studio i think." jaemin answered, then mumbled how their owner liked him more than him, an upset undertone in his words.

she chuckled, nodding in understanding.

"you seem to be in a good mood." renjun lightly questioned, sipping on his drink of today, which was a milkshake.

yura nodded, giving a big grin at them. "yup! i guess i am."

she then turned around to chat with ten, who finally came back after talking to an advertising company he planned to work with. she smiled at him, beginning to tell him about her day, but leaving out the detail around her boyfriend, knowing he'll nag at her.

renjun turned to jaemin. "dude, hook me up."

his eyebrows raised a bit. "with who?"

the former shrugged, looking away. "anyone. jisu's friend, uh, yeji was kinda cute."

jaemin rolled his eyes. "dude she's gay, she's dating the one named ryujin."

renjun sighed, brushing a hand through his hair. "i'm lonely." he pouted, resting his chin on his hand.

just then, the glass door slammed open more aggressive than necessary, making ten gasp in worry at its safety. shuhua came in louder than usual, a grin on her face.

"ANNYEONGHASE- YO WASSUP BITCHES!" she yelled, making yura look at her weirdly. this wasn't the shuhua she was used to, to be honest, but she enjoyed it nonetheless. "guess who nailed the math finals?! this bitch!" she exclaimed, pointing at herself.

jaemin heard renjun sigh, turning to him to see his eyes stuck on her. "she's the one." his eyes sparkled as he breathed out dramatically.

the former rolled his eyes, knowing his friend as one who falls easily.

ten groaned. "meimei, you're scaring the customers." he said, motioning to the rest of the café, where some customers stared at her with odd looks.

"oh, sorry." she chuckled with a sheepish grin, heading to sit on the counter next to yura's.

yura snorted in amusement, looking at her younger friend. "i thought you're bad at maths?"

shuhua grinned at her. "turns out it wasn't that bad. i got a senior to tutor me for a bit and it actually isn't that hard."

the former nodded in understanding, a small glint of mischief in her eyes. "oooh, a senior, is it a she or a he?"

"a girl," she answered, still smiling. "she's kinda cute."

ten turned to her. "now that you mention it, i never actually got to know what your sexuality is."

shuhua shrugged. "i mean, i'm just.. there i guess. it's 2020, no one's really straight anymore, you know? if i like a person because of their personality, then i like them, regardless of gender or anything else."

the thai boy smiled softly at her. "i'm proud of you, my gay icon."

she raised her fingers to give a small salute. "deserved. thank you, ten."