seventeen right here

"hey bitches and bitchdudes." jae greeted, waving to the counter. he walked in with a casual outfit, skateboard in hand, and a guitar case behind his back. his eyes widened a bit when he spotted the three new incomers in the counter. "oh hey there's new people."

"well duh, you would've known if you came here sooner. you haven't visited in so long." shuhua scoffed, slightly pouting.

jae chuckled, patting her head. "aw, sorry, little dudette. did you miss me?"

she flushed red at his question, thanking god he didn't see as he turned to the unfamiliar three next to her. renjun, on the other hand, noticed it.

"hey wassup, peeps," he said in english, high fiving the three, before turning back to korean. "i'm jae, i'm probably older than all of you so i expect to hear hyung after my name."

"i'm jaemin," one with blue hair told, smiling at him.

"i'm jeno," one with black hair introduced, smiling at him as his eyes turned crescent.

"renjun." the last shortest one said, his tone a bit grumpier than others, but jae didn't seem to notice.

"alright, dudes, nice to meet y'all." he grinned at them before turning his attention to ten. "aye, ten, give me something refreshing. i'm going busking tonight."

shuhua perked up. "you're going busking?"

jae smiled, patting the guitar case on his back. "hell yeah. dudette, you wanna come?"

she nodded almost immediately, a smile on her face. "i didn't know you could sing?" she said, a bit of a glint in her eyes.

"yeah, me and my friends do alot of busking together." he said, smiling at her. "i'll be busking with bob and brian later, usually there's two more, but they need their instruments so we decided not to."

shuhua nodded, already anticipating.

ten came back with a glass in hand, placing it near jae's seat. "i made it with less alcohol so you can actually still sing later." he told.

"thanks, chits." he smiled as he began to slurp on his drink as he played with his phone.

on the other side of the table, jeno laughed. "stare at them more and you'll melt the table, jun."

renjun snapped his gaze at him, frowning. "shut up," he mumbled, a pout on his lips. "i can sing too, you know."

jaemin sighed, rubbing his forehead. "yeah, renjun, we know. so go over there and make your move already." he urged, waving his hands.

"i can't," he shook his head adamantly, "she likes him, it's obvious."

"oh?" ten perked up, hearing the conversation 'accidentally' and approaching them. "you like our little shuhua?"

renjun shrugged. "it's just a crush." he admitted lightly, brushing a hand through his hair.

"go for it, dude." the older guy said, smirking at him. "it's sad but jae doesn't like her like that, so might as well try."

the chinese boy brightened a bit, knowing he has a chance. "are you not gonna stop me?" he asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion as ten shook his head.

"nah, you do you," he said, but turned to him after. "but beware, she might be an only child, but if you hurt her, that's her three geges going after you." ten said the warning in chinese, making the other two look at them in confusion.

renjun gulped, nodding vigorously.

the threatening look on ten's face melted into an assuring smile. "well good luck, man."

"hey, ten, we're leaving now!" a voice behind them said, and all four faces turned to the pair.

"bye, ten! bye, guys!" shuhua waved at the three with a grin before following after the blonde boy.

.

.

~

"good evening, ladies and gentlemen!" jae said into the mic, his booming voice gathering the attention of passerbies. "we're a band called jae and the bros-"

"no we're not!" the one called brian interrupted.

jae ignored him and kept going. "and we're here to play for you some songs! this one's called congratulations, please enjoy."

shuhua chuckled in amusement, watching from her sitting position a few feet away.

the beat started and the speaker sounded their backing track. she heard that they composed the song on their own, and she got to hear a sample on what it's supposed to sound like. it was such a great song that she was surprised they produced it on their own.

jae started the song, his voice through the mic. his voice was soft like silk, pleasant to listen to, and shuhua can't take her eyes off him.

by the time the beat drops, the band had already gathered such a crowd in front of them, and shuhua can't help but smile proudly watching their development.

"thank you so much!" the three of them yelled, earning loud cheers and applause from the crowd. "brian, bob, let's play another one!"

they agreed on the one they called my day, and the crowds grew more and more until shuhua can't even see them anymore.

she was happy that they were getting the crowd they deserved, but she was a bit disappointed that she can no longer see him.