thirty two

~

"are you sure?" ten asked the three of them with thick doubt in his voice.

shuhua scoffed, frowning at him in mock disappointment as she crossed her arms. "do you really not trust us that much?" she asked.

the boy shook his head with no hesitation. "yes, i don't trust you guys at all." he replied firmly, eyes expressionless.

all four of them were standing in the unopened café. it was a new day, and they had decided internally that today the café would open a bit later than normal. that was why it was completely empty except the four of them. why is it, you may ask?

it's because ten's got a date.

yura didn't seem bothered by his blunt statement, and instead she beamed widely at him. pointing her fingers at him, she shot finger guns. "don't be like that, ten. worry about something else, like for example, your daaaaaattteeee." the last word was trailed mockingly, making the boy huff in annoyance.

junhui beside her joined in to mock him, shooting finger guns also. "ten's got a date, ten's got a date." he chanted, hopping along to yura beside him.

"you guys are such children," ten sighed, rubbing his eyes. "even the maknae is tired of you."

shuhua held a similar expression as him, one of a tired face mixed with a wondering glint in her eyes. how on earth did she find herself friends with such people?

"well, i'll be going now," ten announced, grabbing his bag before walking off to the exit. "i swear to god if my café burns down after this, i'm suing all of you, including you wonwoo!"

the boy in the kitchen perked up, hearing his name, and he only pointed at himself questioningly, eyes innocent.

yura scoffed, crossing her arms. "why is he so worried after all? i've been working here for years!" she mumbled, earning the attention of all three people around her.

"well you've never had a shift without him before, remember?" shuhua pointed out, getting ready at the register. "and gege and i don't even work here."

yura grinned. "thanks for that, by the way!" she beamed at them.

"no problem," junhui grinned back, shaking his head. "ten really needs a break anyway. and i'm willing to bet he'll get a boyfriend by the end of this week."

"bet!" yura excitedly replied, and the two shook hands with an agreement of a slice of pandan cake.

"are we opening yet?" shuhua asked them, glancing at the glass door with the open sign still unturned.

the older girl glanced at the clock, then nodded. "it'll be 11 in like two minutes, let's just open now." and the others nodded in agreement, watching as she walked up to turn the sign around.

the café proceeded as usual, maybe a couple of small spills here and there, and a bit of mistyped orders, but other than that, it went by smoother than expected. the customers were nice, and none really gave shit to them about the common mistakes they did.

shuhua was grateful for that, because she doesn't think she can handle too much karen on her first and probably only day of working at the café. yura was the one assigned to make drinks and prepare dishes from wonwoo, as she was more used to the situation than the other two. while junhui was the one who served them to customers, walking around in his apron, and attracting a few female customers' attention.

he didn't seem to notice though, oblivious as usual.

the bell rang again, and this time, three familiar faces entered.

shuhua grinned, waving at them. "hey, guys!" she greeted cheerfully.

renjun's eyes widened slightly with a smile. "you work here now?" he asked, approaching the counter along with the two boys beside him.

she shook her head in response. "nah, i'm only covering up for ten, he's got a date." she explained with a smile, then turned to the register. "what can i get y'all?"

"jeno'd like a portion of yura, please." jaemin teased, making said boy slap his hand onto his mouth with cheeks reddened deeply.

shuhua laughed, smirking a bit as she turned around. yura wasn't paying attention though, it seemed she didn't even hear the boy's teasing.

jeno cleared his throat. "i'll just get coffee," he mumbled his order, cheeks still warm as he glared at his laughing friends.

she chuckled, nodding, then jotted down the other two's order as well. "take a seat, jun will bring your orders in a bit." she told with a smile.

the boys walked off to sit at a certain area, but one stayed, staring at the girl in a bit of a trance. noticing his presence, she looked up at him, tilting her head a bit. "injun, you okay?"

the boy blinked, then nodded with a smile. "yeah, um, let's hang out again tomorrow?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck.

the girl felt her lips tug upwards. "yeah, why not?"