fifteen

°○

yura smiled, placing down the apron as she had once again finished another shift. giving a nod to wonwoo, who replied back with the same action, she turned to ten, who was talking to a few customers.

"ten, i'll be leaving now!" she called out, making the boy smile at her shortly before turning back to the customers. scoffing lightly, she walked out the café.

today the air was especially fresh. the sky was clear, the city not as crowded as usual, everything felt good. she passed by a small bakery, the scent of freshly baked bread meeting her nose in a seducing manner. unable to keep her hunger, she walked inside.

the boy behind the counter was younger than she expected. he was wearing a nametag, placing down the metal tray of breads to restock the piles. she had expected an older woman to welcome her with a smile, but she wasn't disappointed to be surprised.

"good evening, what can i help you with?" he asked, a charming smile on his face. as he greeted her, he took off his oven mitts and placed them beside the cashier register, but the blue white checkered apron still hung above his figure. damn he was attractive.

yura smiled at him. "hi, uh, i'm not really sure what to get. can you recommend me some?"

he nodded, the smile still on his face. "of course. i personally like the cheese bread, but it's more savory than sweet. if you want sweet, i recommend the pandan cake."

she looked down towards the glass case he pointed out, mouth watering slightly as she spotted the interesting green cake presented neatly. "can i have a sample?"

he smiled sympathetically. "sorry, we don't allow samples," he explained, guilt in his voice, "but trust me on this one, the pandan cake is amazing."

she pouted, but managed the grin back when she nodded. "alright, i'll have two servings of that. and maybe throw in one cheese bread too."

he smiled, nodding. the boy placed her orders in a neat looking white box, then placed those into a paperbag. "here is it. that would be ten thousand won." he told.

she nodded, giving him the amount he asked. "thank you, uh.."

"kun," he grinned wide, warmly introducing himself, "i'm qian kun."

"thanks, kun." she smiled and bowed politely. "i'm yura, by the way. you'll need to remember that if the pandan cake really is good, cause i'll probably be returning a lot."

he chuckled, nodding in amusement. "alright, then. it really is good though."

she nodded back, grinning. "i'll take your word for it."

as soon as she left the bakery, she took out the box, her curiosity getting the best of her, and she bit into the cake kun had recommended. he wasn't lying at all.

the fluffy texture of the cake was heavenly, the taste like nothing she had ever tried before. chewing was easy, as it went down her throat as smooth as silk. it was a new flavor, and she very much enjoyed it.

her eyes widening in enjoyment, she finished the serving much faster than she thought she would, then threw away the empty box.

not long after, she finally spotted her apartment building getting closer. finally she walked inside, the cold air of the air conditioner hitting her skin as soon as she stepped inside.

"oh, hey, chan." she greeted with a wave, smiling at the other security guard sitting on the bench near the door.

he was sitting hunched over, for some reason looking sullen, unlike his usual teddy-bearlike self. hearing her voice, he looked up, eyes slightly widening. "yura, can i talk to you for a second?"

she stopped in her tracks, tilting her head in curiosity. "sure, what's up?" she said, a bit wary of his sudden weird behavior.

"follow me."

he led her to the back security room, where it clearly says on the door 'officials only'. she stopped in front of the door, turning to him.

"are you sure i can enter here? i'm clearly not an official." she said, chuckling a bit but frowning as chan only looked at her blankly. "alright."

the two was inside the room now. it wasn't huge, but there were a square full of tv footage of each floor. it was quite impressive, she hadn't been in a room like it before.

he turned around, facing her, and bit his lip. "i think i was wrong last time." he said, then handed her a few sheets of paper.

she stared at him in confusion, but accepted the papers. what she saw made her eyes widen.

on the paper were two rectangles, both of different cctv footages at different times, but on the same day. one was of her boyfriend letting a girl into their apartment. the other was of them talking on the couch.

she flipped the paper. it was of him with his arm around her shoulder, both watching tv. the other was of them kissing.

she flipped the paper. their session began taking a heated turn, and they were both standing. and the last one showed both of them on her bed.

by the time she finished processing what she saw, she was in tears.

"shit- fuck- are you okay, yura?" chan asked, worry in his voice as he held a hand on her shoulder.

she wiped her eyes. "uh, y-yeah. um," she answered hesitantly, nodding with an obviously forced smile on her face.

they were silent, him staring at her in worry, and her trying to keep her tears at bay.

"um, share this with minho, i-i don't need it." she told, placing the paper bag of bread on the table near them. "i need to go."

and she left the room.